Nissan 370Z Appreciation Society

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Think this car needs its own thread. For the first time since long I am really in love with the handling of a sim car again!

The Nissan has everything I am looking for in a car. Decent amount of grip, middle racing horse power and great steering abilities even on the curbstones. Its not really polished yet by the looks of the vehicle but it drives fantastic even with the stock setup.

It has just entered my top 5 of sim favorites. (not based on realism but driving fun)
  1. Nissan 370Z (rFactor 2)
  2. Formula 3 (Game Stock Car) / Classic Formula 3 (rFactor 2)
  3. Gilette Vertigo Streiff (GTR 2)
  4. Fiat Abarth (Netkar Pro)
  5. Fiat Abarth TC 1000 (GT Legends)

It's an amazing sim car and i would agree with it being the best i have used. Previous being the F1800 from NKP. You can hold drifts with it when you get the wheel right. It's extremely convincing and direct also. It was both the Nissans, the 370z inpaticular that made me realise i was wasting my time with pCARS

rFactor 2 has basically ruined any other driving game for me so my list would be topped by rF2 cars. I think rFactor 2 is notch or two above other games when it comes to FFB and physics of the car. I love to drive in league races but I normally drive offline only to practice for a league race and even then I do that very reluctantly.
With rFactor 2 I find myself behind the wheel with big grin in my face just because its so damn fun to drive these cars. :)
I love this game even with its current bug ridden, feature missing beta version. :p
Im a fan...and Maniac. ;)

cheers,
Jari

Well, what can I say ;) I have said before, I am totally in love with rfactor2. Sure, there are some issues, and sure, not everything is implemented yet, but damn I have a good time when I fire up the game.
The GT's are pretty hard to drive fast, but they give so much joy and pleasure. I really like the handling, looks and feels from them. So much fun, that I just don't want to stop.

it is good to know, that i am not the only one which like the 370 nissan best in rfactor2.
this car is ideal, not to difficulty and not to much easy and the cockpit view is good too.

after any laps if the grip is good in track (did drive palm beach), this car is very exactly to drive hard on limit and i do realy enjoy to drive this car.
i am not big fan of the formula renault and old open wheel cars, so this car is for me best car in rfactor2, then comes the megane.
but in general the cars do not looks good actual in rfactor 2, the nissan and megan do looks like, as they was washed to often (sorry i can not explain good in english) the colours are not strong??? (do not know word for what i will write).

servus

Btw Bram, i wonder how many AC and rF2 cars will eventually replace your top five. I'm meaning when rF2 is finished, i think alot of the cars are gonna be as good as the Nissan, if not better. And you know that Kunos will just have one car that completely blows us all away.

I personally also love the Meganes physics and also the Classic F2's in rF2, can't get enough of them

It's really interesting to read about some of the rf2 cars that get praised alot, be it sometimes here or at another forum.
After that I usually feel motivated to try this particular car out again. I go out on track, give it a couple of hours to really try different things out. Maybe dial in a nice setup that someone offered from his testing :)
And the endresult so far everytime is, that I can't appreciate/replicate the same things that others report.

Usually my fun in driving grows when my control over the car on a fun track grows, but with rf2 atm (with the f-renault it's really bad) I feel like I'm never fully in control. I feel strong and good effects over bumps, curbs ect. pretty much everything that I would rate as secondary ffb effects; not unimportant, but still secondary in my opinion relative to the stuff I need to be in full-control of what I've doing, i.e. weight transfer, g-force simulation, any feedback from my car/breaks when I'm breaking feeling the grip of the front (and the rear!) and the breaking point of the tires.

Sometimes I think like I'm crawling, slipping and sliding over certain parts of the track because the car seems to have wet-track like grip especially at slow-parts, this is with proper rubbering of the track factored in btw. Pretty often I find my rear having a life of itself without telling me much about it through my ffb-wheel :( This leads to a lot of situations of loosing my car; naturally I would try to catch it by a well placed slight countersteer and a small lift-off to regain traction, but what happens? I get a massive kickback to the other side which is so unproportianly stronger than the slight countersteer would account for in any way.

I won't go on about the f-renault now though, because this thread is more about the 370z on of the best cars in rf2 atm; the only thing I like to say is: If this one is even near the way that the other open-wheelers will drive in the game in the future I will have to look out for another sim to drive them that's for sure.

I hope that the things that I've talked about will somehow get sorted out in the long course of the beta-phase or atleast that it gets acknowledged here or there; but from what I've read so far from others not mentioning that is,that it seems to be more a problem from my side which I haven't figured out yet.
My fun relies on having and feeling control over everything I do with my car and aslong as i don't feel that, i'm afraid I can't fully appreciate all the details there are on other places, that a lot of guys seem to rate very high :)

Usually my fun in driving grows when my control over the car on a fun track grows, but with rf2 atm (with the f-renault it's really bad) I feel like I'm never fully in control. I

The 3.5 is one of the worst cars I've ever driven, so don't worry there, the only thing I can say from my experience is that rf2 demands racing line and throttle control like no other sim.

When you get it in the slot, it feels epic, but it's friggin difficult to get it there and keep it there.

Well Dino, to be honest, I think it's a matter of relearning how to drive.... I think you have been spoiled by the other sims :)

I had exactly the same at first. I could not control anything. Not the F3's, not the Megane, and definately not the GT's. I was BEING driven over the track, instead of driving myself. But after a LOT of practice, I finally seem to be getting the hang of it. The Meganes are to me asif I have my hands directly on the wheels. I feel in control again. Sure, I am not the fastest driver around, but I have never been that, so I do not care about that.

In terms of the GT's, same story. At first, I was more sideways and making donuts instead of progressing over a track. Now, after some more practice, I feel like I am getting in control again. I just have to learn its signals, learn what the FFB means, and how to respond.

I have heard many people say that this is the first time they actually feel the weight being distributed and transfered from one side to the other. But if you are SO used to other sims, I can understand that feels uncomfortable, and strange.

Personaly, I do rarely drive anything else then rf2 at the moment. I do RDTCC, and thats the only thing outside rf2. I really love the game now.

Is it just my 370z or do your wipers do funny things? Also I take it that the lap and position meter isn't working. It is a nice car though I would like to know which lap I'm on without using the hud. I don't need the position indicator, I already know that, last as usual:giggle:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back