Cars Nissan 240sx Coffman Racing (Formula D) [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guerilla Mods submitted a new resource:

Nissan 240sx Coffman Racing (Formula D) - Nissan 240sx Coffman Racing (Formula D)

Nissan 240sx Coffman Racing (Formula D)
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

View attachment 195200
A lot of blood, sweat and time went into this project. I just felt like giving something back to the communitiy.
Studying Youtube videos and some friendly WKMOD members who helped me made, this possible in the first place. This mod includes a damage model; 1K, 2K and...

Read more about this resource...

Looking through the model with CM gives an interesting impression. The car model (outer shell, glass, interior metal) is well within normal spec Kunos advocates, but other things are not. The whole car is way above 600k tris (250k is the limit Kunos uses for their cars), and much of that is used very uneconomically, it actually looks like huge parts like the exhaust pipes and the filter assembly were exported straight from some CAD program, without any optimisation for a game engine.

Every single gill of the air filter is an independent object. Then you have two different engines under the bonnet, the V8 it should have, but superimposed is a wankel engine - and the rest of drivetrain is from some other source aswell (you did not even rename it)

1.jpg

Textures are a mixed back too. 32 DDS textures, but another 77 PNGs in all sorts of (non square) sizes - car will use a lot of VRAM after AC did its internal conversion. And I find a curious number of manufacturer logos on all those textures that are neither Roush or Nissan...

it has potential, but it needs work. Lots of it.

Thanks AccAkut for your highly detailed expertise! This is my absolutely first project in game modding / 3D modeling / assetto corsa relatet, at all. So it's on top of my knowledge that i learned in last six months but with a false start... I've recognized the problems you are talking about and i'm eager to learn more! Free time and helping hands are the only missing part atm ;)

Auto shifting is non-functional and prevents the car from even being manually driven around without changing all my settings before driving the car. Would you please tweak the ai file to provide proper up and down shift points for those of us without shifters?

what akut is probably saying that this smells like a rip :)
he's so kute :roflmao:
there's only one 180sx made from scratch and it's the one from @dori, don't know his user here though.
well, I wrote that post while I went through the car with CM. I couldn't find any game that has a Rocket-Bunnied 240SX in it to rip from, same with the drift Mx5, and the Roush engine could come from one of those free model sites. So I'm wasn't sure if this was kitbashed from other cars that modding group did before, or from commercial games.

Then I went through the textures and found the myriad of odd sized png and atlas textures with logos from all sorts of manufacturer logos (Ginetta, Ford, Mercedes (the latter could come from the Kunos C9 even)). There is no naming convention in it all, no system, no indication this car is the result of lots of "blood, sweat and time".

The physics also don't line up at all with the visual model, not even wheel diameter, so are copies of something official too I guess. I wrote the creator a PM asking for some background, but he hasn't bothered to answer soooooo.....

this is a rip, or rather has been made from ripped assets

I actually only spend like 3 minutes on track with the car, and found it to be absolutely undriveable, so nothing to miss

Last edited:
Guerilla Mods updated Nissan 240sx Coffman Racing (Formula D) with a new update entry:

reworked physics, new tyres added

View attachment 195828

A lot of blood, sweat and time went into this project. I just felt like giving something back to the communitiy.
Studying Youtube videos and some friendly WKMOD members who helped me made, this possible in the first place. This mod includes a damage model; shaking...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Newest version has issue with shadows/AO - looks really weird against tarmac. I'm not an expert but I'm sure someone can identify it fairly quickly.

Guerilla Mods updated Nissan 240sx Coffman Racing (Formula D) with a new update entry:

changelog: • optimised • fixed shadow bug • added skin

View attachment 196320

Studying Youtube videos and some friendly WKMOD members who helped me made, this possible in the first place. This mod includes a damage model; shaking exteriour parts (when hitting gas); 1K,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years