1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Niki Lauda, Gerhard Berger and me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by xnorb, Apr 2, 2015.

1. xnorb

Premium Member

Hello everyody,

as you could maybe tell by the subject, i'm from Austria and Formula 1 got me into simracing.

Born in '78 the era of Lauda was already over when i was old enough, but gladly i witnessed the great era of F1 when they were still truely racing ... Senna, Prost, Mansell, Piquet, Berger, Alesi...

And Microprose F1GP (featuring the 91' F1 season) glued me to the computer.
    I only drove 100% races, knew my way around the setup extremely well and even met one of the best F1GP keyboard drivers as he happened to live in Vienna too.

4 years later GP2 was released and i was blown away by the graphical fidelity, the in-depth setup and the new feeling to the cars. Joined the LFRS (an offline racing league), founded my own Team there and even managed to pull off a win in my class at Zandvoort.

After a few years and being unhappy with GP3, i somehow lost contact to simracing.
    Moved on to other games (mainly Quake3Arena at that time) and didn't touch racing until Assetto Corsa became a thing. Played the Gran Turismo games on the Playstation but that doesn't count :)

So with Assetto Corsa i bought a G27 and during the last winter Steam sale Race07, GTR and GTR2 were added to my library although except one online race in Race07 and some offline rounds in R3E i have only spent time driving in Assetto Corsa.
    Then GSC came to Steam and i was sold.

A game that has very enjoyable cars, great physics/FFB, solid AI and on top of that high quality content for historic F1 (except the tracks, but thanks to the community that's a non-issue).

So there we are - a rather unexperienced but very highly motivated newcomer :)

For the boring real world stuff:
    My name's Herbert, i'll turn 37 this summer and i work in the IT of Austrian Airlines (was weird bumping into Niki Lauda in our canteen *g*)
    Beside being a true PC nerd (uncluding making my own car skins, youTube videos and alike) and my life-long musical affinity (playing guitar and drums, being a drummer in a band) i discovered my love for lifting heavy weights and became a powerlifter.

So ... ya ... i think that's about everything i could ever say about me :)
    See you on the track!
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Melv

Premium Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015