1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightracing FPS

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Huambo81a, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Hello!

My system is.

Intel I7 920 @ 3.6ghz
    6gb DDR3 1600 ram
    Asus R9 280x DCUII TOP

I am running the game at the highest settings, 16 x AF 8 x AA (forced in the CCC) 1920 x 1080 and during the day this is fine, it runs at between 150 - 250 fps.

At night though, sitting on the grid with 20 cars around me, my FPS go down to about 20 - 40.

This is no better than my HD6950 i just sold.

Does anyone have a work around, or is the RFactor engine CPU hungry more than GPU?

In the end i just avoid night races, still an amazing game!

Is there a single setting that is hurting me (shadows perhaps?) that i can turn off to make night racing plausible.

Many Thanks guys!
  2. I tried lowering all my settings and even the resolution but this only improved my fps by 7-10 so its a waste of time. Like you I just avoid night races, I prefer day to dusk anyway :)
  3. Thanks for the reply Lewis, can i ask what cpu and graphics card you have, and what settings you run ?

Thanks mate
  4. i5 2500 3.3ghz
    ATI radeon 6850
    8gb RAM

I run the game superbly in the day, 150-200 fps like yourself but get around 30 at night :(
  5. Yes, sounds like mine.

I get the impression that the Rfactor engine is CPU limited, as i am getting similar FPS with my new card, as the HD6950, and our CPU clock speeds are similar, within 300mhz.
  6. No idea mate, never even tried rfactor, hopefully reiza can do something about it though, as some night races would be brilliant
  7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Look up the "Max Headlights="256" setting on your PLR file. You can turn that way down to even single digits, it should be a big performance saver. Do expect a performance hit relative to daylight racing in any case.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Hello, thanks for the reply!

Am i right in thinking that i am being CPU limited somewhat? I just purchased an R9 280x (which is a decent card, essentially a 7970ghz edition) and my framerates are the same.

also, where is the PLR file located?

9. Will test when I've got the time, thanks
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni
    Reiza Studios

Yes nightlight performance is largely defined by the CPU.

The PLR file is in GSC2013\Userdata\(Your player Name)\Your Player Name.PLR
  11. Thankyou for your help.

Fantastic sim by the way!

I cant play Rfactor any more.
  12. i solved fps problem by adding +fullproc on shortcut game
    Ex.D:\Games\GSC2013\GSC.exe +fullproc . It forces game client to use all cores on cpu.
  13. Thanks, Already doing that though. FPS in the day are fine, its just night racing with a full grid. Between 20 - 40fps on a HD7970ghz lol
  14. Sk3ptik0n

Premium Member

I also added +fullproc and I gained about 10fps. Still pretty dismal performance considering that in daytime I have over 250FPS dipping in the sub 200 only rarely.