Nightlighting problem

HI, after doing a “night track”, I found some big problems, see attached pics, the problem is that some parts of track and terrain do not receive night light!!, it goes without saying that all terrains are set as “receive light” in properties option. As you can see in pic 2, although the light is cast on terrain, there is a dark and light zone!!, the same happens with track, I have set different materials along the track, to set the panel lenght , and you can see there are dark and light zones aswell!!, I don’t know what to do, this is a bad effect!!
Hope you can help me, thank you

Attachments

• PIC_02.jpg
    PIC_02.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 288
  • PIC_01.jpg
    PIC_01.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 262
Found this in rf_TrackTutorial.doc. Here is a link to the file. http://www.beerbelliesbrew.com/downloads/rF_TrackTutorial.rar

LIGHTS:
Lights that are used to light up the track at night are done by placing omni lights in max where you want an area to light up. Use the max range and intensity to adjust how much distance you want lit up and how bright you want it. Keep in mind that you can only have 4 omni lights per instance…so break up your track pieces accordingly. If you want the lights to only come on at night, then they need to be named NightlightXX, where X=a number. Now, if you want to have corresponding glows for your grandstand lighting or Muscos or whatever, they must be named NightlightXXglow.gmt, and must correspond to an omni in the scene. Example: If you have a glow object named Nightlight05glow.gmt, there must be a Nightlight05 omni in the scene, or it will not work.

Omnis do not have to be night lighting though. You can use them in other ways, like to light up the inside of a tunnel, and you can change the color of the light they give off by using the swatch color in the omni modify panel.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back