1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightlighting problem

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by ALVAZ, Jan 22, 2011.

1. HI, after doing a “night track”, I found some big problems, see attached pics, the problem is that some parts of track and terrain do not receive night light!!, it goes without saying that all terrains are set as “receive light” in properties option. As you can see in pic 2, although the light is cast on terrain, there is a dark and light zone!!, the same happens with track, I have set different materials along the track, to set the panel lenght , and you can see there are dark and light zones aswell!!, I don’t know what to do, this is a bad effect!!
    Hope you can help me, thank you

Attached Files:

2. Found this in rf_TrackTutorial.doc. Here is a link to the file. http://www.beerbelliesbrew.com/downloads/rF_TrackTutorial.rar

3. HI, thanks for yor answer, but that does not explain my pic2, light in the same zone create light and dark parts. This is a tutorial for 3dmax,

anyway thanks
  4. It's not really a tutorial for 3DSMax, all the core principles remain the same. 'Omni' = 'Lit at Night' in 3DSimEd, etc.
  5. It looks like your road sections are too long for the amount of lights, split them into shorter pieces and see if it changes.
  6. HI, YES it changes!!, but in shorter pieces it still happens the same :(, anyway it ´s better, thank you