rF2 [Night Race] Touring Masters @ Montreal 1988 - Wednesday 16th February 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Did a testing in the Mercedes, I love this car, good brakes, good handling, and the gearbox suits this track better than the BMW's (either too long or too short with a lot of shifting). I could also beat my best time in the BMW by more than 1 second, so it is now 1:50.498.

I liked that car until I got into the fast turns!

But I love the Mercedes, practiced a bit more, down to 1:48.6.

BTW I can't wait to have a new PC, as at normal settings it runs fine with a full grid, but the headlights do not reflect from car bodies and that's a bit illusion killer! But at higher settings I get very low FPS (stuttering like hell, so it must be somewhere 20 or lower).

I tried BMW M3, 635, Sierra, and Alfa. My best lap was 52.7 with Sierra, but it was the cat I felt the least comfortable to drive. But it's the fastest, as far as I remember.

I liked the M3 a lot, very light, feels more lika a modern Touring Car, lol. But I couldn't get faster than 53.1.

It seems I'm really off-pace until now. But, well, that was my first practice with these cars. I'll practice a lot tonight.

I tried BMW M3, 635, Sierra, and Alfa. My best lap was 52.7 with Sierra, but it was the cat I felt the least comfortable to drive. But it's the fastest, as far as I remember.

I liked the M3 a lot, very light, feels more lika a modern Touring Car, lol. But I couldn't get faster than 53.1.

It seems I'm really off-pace until now. But, well, that was my first practice with these cars. I'll practice a lot tonight.
We're on the same boat mate ! :D
Thou, I squeezed in 1:51.9 with the Sierra. I'm testing the Supra at the moment and I'm almost as steady as I was in the M3, which was around 1:53.-. I'm uncertain about the Sierra, not much consistent lap times with it, even thou it delivered my best time so far. The Alfa I didn't liked - way too tail happy on the way out of corners. The 635 was just dead slow for me - couldn't get high speed corners well enough, couldn't brake well enough, gear ratios were not fitting the track ... and so on.
The Merc is another thing I'm looking into right now, so maybe you should give a go as well.

The Merc is another thing I'm looking into right now, so maybe you should give a go as well.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try soon.

I'm almos sure I'll go with the M3. It doens't have the same raw speed as Sierra, but I can race more smoothly with it. Since these cars are a whole new game for me, it's better to be conservatice for now. ;P

Thanks to Skuggi in the "Best mods?" thread I read the endurance series readme and now have a good setup for headlights, so I have decent FPS while illuminating vehicles ahead me! Works excellent!:)

Guys, my advice is: use the kerbs a lot! That helps a lot taking the corners at faster speeds! You always need to be on the limit here (or all in the game, I'm not sure yet:))

BTW: this game really needs much more precision from me than Race:) I lose a lot more time by being not so careful about how much I turn the wheel and how much I push the pedals! I love it!:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back