rF2 [Night Race] Mazda 787B @ Grand Valley - Wed May 26th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Sign me out plz. Tried the car and track yesterday and they are splendid. Did 1.57 flat with 100L fuel, which seems to be ok. But unfortunately my day-job is asking too much from me to race.

Not been able to practice because of work commitments, and I'll only just make the back end of qualifying today, but I'll still race, should be fun. If I'm slow i promise to stay out of everyones way if I'm being lapped XD

Sorry Ryan the 'maybe' has become a 'unable'........... I hate signing up and not participating :frown: Have a good blast tonight, the car and track are brill and I'm dissapointed I cant race this time

Anyway....ENJOY :cool:

Well I had a good first 10 minutes, until a collison with Toby ruined my race. Turned out I had good race pace, but I spun at T1, i had rejoined the track, and toby simply drove straight into the back of me. Hope you all had a good race guys

Disastrous for me, aside from quali in P2 :p

Went wide early on, and while checking my mirror to make sure I didn't cut anyone off I went straight off the track :)

Cue 3 seconds off the pace but still making my way through when I come across Lee who is pinging off the walls at the bridge. Neither of us could seem to decide which side to go and we collided, sorry Lee :(

Another spin and made my pitstop, came out but a few laps later my night ended with a dead engine in a wall :(

Have got a bit of flu atm - made concentration real difficult. Cheers for the racing though guys :)

Really enjoy driving these cars, was fairly quick. Had pace of 47's in quali trim. However was blocked on a fast lap and span on another two meaning I could do no better than a 48 which put me 6th.

Had a good race start, was keeping up with cars infront, onto lap two and something made me look into my rear view mirror under braking which meant I lost some places. Had goodish pace except for small moments here and there. Then had a big one out of the tunel, slapped the entrance to the bridge, hit the other side with a fast moving ryan having nowhere to go. Really sorry for that. Something happend to the car after that, the brakes felt really responsive and I was slower in a straight line than I was before. Had a poor race from then on brakes meaning I span on entrance to tunnel #1 3 laps in a row. All in all dreadfull race, but did have good pace.

Thanks Ryan and all who raced.

Hi guys
last in Quali:eek:
Race: nice battle with Adam and Can in the first part of race after I meet Mattia and we did 2 INTENSE laps :) together. Some lag for me in first part of race( not easy drive when the car stop in a middle of turn ) and after pit the lag increased, 10 minutes at the end ...connection lost..... the evening is over aarrggghhh.:)

Congrat all finisher and Thanks Ryan and RD

C U guys:peace:
http://www.google.it/dictionary?source=translation&hl=it&q=insieme&langpair=it|en

I knew I would fail with this mod. Just not quite enough feel for me.
So yeah, quick in qualy, only half a second off in the end which isn't bad. Great start, don't really know what Abs was doing but he started on the wrong side of the grid :p but I jumped him anyway. Then Ryo went off and Ben was in a league of his own so I set about consolidating 2nd. First spin - down to 6th. Then Chris rejoined on the track ahead of me and I wasn't paying that much attention and rammed him, sorry mate. I would have waited but I hardly call it a ram, seen as you were stationary.
THEN
I made up ground and was 3rd, before the first pitstops came about. I stayed out too long and span twice, so I pitted and rejoined 4th. More disaster - I span whilst defending from Gary, and then almost hit him as we rounded the long corner in the open tunnel. I thus bent the suspension this time - 7 secs a lap off the pace from then to the end, and I could do nothing to prevent myself finishing 4th.

Never mind! :)

I sneaked in quietly without a sign up,i was sort of just being nosey really and thought it would be a quick try of the cars,instant failure and no "connection" with the car,and then quietly sulk away in to the shadows,and it was looking like thats how it would play out,until Ryo sent me over a setup and eventually i started to get the hang of the thing a bit,so i was happy enough with a 7th place start,Chris got cheeky way before the line thinking he could con a place from me until a couple of lights flashes let him know i was on to him and he eased off giving it back to me (hehe np m8 ;p),got past Lee at T2 and was following Abdul,got too close going in the tunnel and ended up with the throttle off longer than its safe to do in these things and mixed with cold tyres i spun around :(,i expected much more carnage and disruption but almost all made it through,i got going and was involved in some good stuff with some guys up to pit time.
In for 4 tyres and no fuel and out behind some of the same guys i raced with earlier,i was on nice fresh tyres now and got one quickly and nice,then caught Adam and took a run on his left side and put myself on the outside at the tight right just after the fast esses(T5?),i made a point of keeping as wide outside as i could which wasnt too much bother with the new tyres,i saw Adams front end scrub out a bit towards me and felt a tiny rub,i could hang on to it though,as i looked back i saw Adam suffered a bit more from it,i continued on as i felt i didnt really have anything to do with causing his problems there,i hope we agree on this Adam m8?,....i plodded on determined to finish now after making it so far,had a nice bit of fun bothering a clearly struggling Toby letting me through for 3rd at the time,then the genuine fast up front guys dropped leaving me in 2nd and Abdul with a good win.

I had some rotten FPS issues from the start,i used to have my .cfg tweaked with settings to help with the headlights effects for night races without bother,it improved as it got properly dark and the field spread a bit,but still i need to get this fairly recent install of rF tweaked again for headlights/dark FPS hits.

Thanks all there for some good fun and thanks Ryan & RD

That was a smart move Gary lol was fully not expecting that at turn 2 :p. I did tap your rear as I went past you when you span just before the tunnel but from my pov your car was alredy facing the inside wall so I didn't stop, hope it was ok :).

hehehe not sure it was a smart move Lee m8,more of an unexpected fluke ;p,some cynics out there might even say i outbraked myself and had to just hang on while keeping it as tight as possible......if im honest,there was an element of that involved :D,but all no probs really and under control,thats something i noticed right away in lap one,my car just felt superb and to my surprise,not only could i keep up,but actually close in big lumps :o,thats what ended up causing my demise with almost going in to the back of a what appeared to be crawling Abdul :p (lol sorry m8),ofcourse i know thats not the case,he was just doing normal sensible first lap of racing settle in driving,i felt like i was too though,but just had this uber comfort feel in the car to instantly give it serious welly,minging FPS hits just around the tunnel area didnt help either :(.

I sneaked in quietly without a sign up,i was sort of just being nosey really and thought it would be a quick try of the cars,instant failure and no "connection" with the car,and then quietly sulk away in to the shadows,and it was looking like thats how it would play out,until Ryo sent me over a setup and eventually i started to get the hang of the thing a bit,so i was happy enough with a 7th place start,Chris got cheeky way before the line thinking he could con a place from me until a couple of lights flashes let him know i was on to him and he eased off giving it back to me (hehe np m8 ;p),got past Lee at T2 and was following Abdul,got too close going in the tunnel and ended up with the throttle off longer than its safe to do in these things and mixed with cold tyres i spun around :(,i expected much more carnage and disruption but almost all made it through,i got going and was involved in some good stuff with some guys up to pit time.
In for 4 tyres and no fuel and out behind some of the same guys i raced with earlier,i was on nice fresh tyres now and got one quickly and nice,then caught Adam and took a run on his left side and put myself on the outside at the tight right just after the fast esses(T5?),i made a point of keeping as wide outside as i could which wasnt too much bother with the new tyres,i saw Adams front end scrub out a bit towards me and felt a tiny rub,i could hang on to it though,as i looked back i saw Adam suffered a bit more from it,i continued on as i felt i didnt really have anything to do with causing his problems there,i hope we agree on this Adam m8?,....i plodded on determined to finish now after making it so far,had a nice bit of fun bothering a clearly struggling Toby letting me through for 3rd at the time,then the genuine fast up front guys dropped leaving me in 2nd and Abdul with a good win.

I had some rotten FPS issues from the start,i used to have my .cfg tweaked with settings to help with the headlights effects for night races without bother,it improved as it got properly dark and the field spread a bit,but still i need to get this fairly recent install of rF tweaked again for headlights/dark FPS hits.

Thanks all there for some good fun and thanks Ryan & RD

Gary, Ryan stated that once the leader had gone that was race started and we could overtake before the start-finish line, similar to F1 as I'm sure your familiar with. I thought it was a little cheeky though so I thought I'd let you have it back. Doesn't matter anyway, my car was undriveable as I crashed again after Toby hit me, trying too hard to regain the time lost

Great event thanks Ryan and RD.

Shock of qualy, 3rd on the grid. Did expect to be in the 46s.

Rolling start went well. I was a lil over cautious this event. These cars need to be respected. While Gary was upto speed I wasn't with cold tyres.

Early on it was Chris I think who overtook me on the straight. He just passed me as if I had parked my car. Someone was running without wings...what if all but me are running like that....I'm doomed.

Toby passed for 2nd place. He lost the car and I got 2nd back. Ben was no where to be seen. He was running in qualy trim. 1st is a dream, 2nd would be my best finish in a while from RD events.

Ben(DNF) was showing on my screen, he lost connection and 1st was mine unless I do the usual when in this place...bin the car on a wall somewhere. Gary fought to 2nd and I was keeping the gap stable to take the flag.

Well done all. Well.done podium. Enjoyed the event a lot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back