2009 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like no race for me tonight, all cars froze on track for me in qual and i am stuck in qual for all eternity

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2010-06-04 21-24-58-92.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-06-04 21-24-58-92.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 305
Good and bad night

Qual 2

Race 1 ... Sprint ... got the whole shot into T1, then 3/4 way round lap 1 something happened with Christopher and he went straight on crossed my path and off track somewhere - pretty sure it was his mistake or someone elses so carried on (not checked replay so can't be 100% sure, 99% maybe :wink:)
Anyway ... Mark was trying to remove my rear wing whilst the track was drying, he attempted a couple of late lunges which tbh were a bit daft in the conditions, but I held a lot of them off, then I realised he had gambled on dry tyres or a real low wing, cos once the track dried some more he was past and off into the distance by a good few seconds ... but then the rain came again, and in half a lap I reeled him in by 3 seconds - knew he had no chance from there on in so once I passed him, there was another daft lunge from Mark which sent me spinning 360 or maybe 720 ... sigh ... come on mate - sort it aaat geeza - you can't whack people and expect them to be chuffed to bits about it, especially when you were so much slower at that point :rolleyes:
Anyway ... no real harm done luckily and in the end cos from there on in it was gap management to 2nd which I managed to grow to some 10 seconds ...

In the end I actually took the WIN!!!! :woot:

Gratz all and thanks for a nice one.

Race 2 ... started 8th I think, followed Christopher around first lap and then someone in what I believe was a team England car was a bit over zealous, nearly took me out with some dodgy manoeuvres but then a couple of corners later he did take Christopher out :rolleyes:

Carried on, climbed to 3rd, did a crap pit stop and changed a couple of tyres but on my outlap I stuffed it up and removed the front wheel ... ho hum ... I'll take the win and be happy though, cos I did not get much practice in for this (maybe an hour or so) and even less in the wet!!

Nice championship - thx to all for organising and competing and the generally good driving I encountered throughout. :thumbup:

As we await the results I fear I may have possibly cost England the title, I was on pole for race 2 after finishing 8th in the first race, I started race 2 on slicks but at my stop I was in 4th position and it had just started to rain again, I gambled on there being a deluge and left the pits on wets in 13th place, there was no deluge and I finished 12th.

I think, followed Christopher around first lap and then someone in what I believe was a team England car was a bit over zealous, nearly took me out with some dodgy manoeuvres but then a couple of corners later he did take Christopher out :rolleyes:
If there was no other i belive it was me who rumbled down in to that turn.
Had a mind freeze in to that corner, happens when racing that late. No excuse for me or whatsoever, i just went too far. Accepting any given penalty for that incident and just want to say sincere Sorry to Mark, Christopher and anyone who was also affected.:pray:
Also want to thank for the series organizers, the racers and congratulate the winners.
Hoping for more in the future

Well it did fell like you clipped my rear or something...But I'm not sure anymore...it might have been the wetness...
at the time was a bit mad, then couple of laps later after start/finish got spun by someone....was literately last place....So I really had to push hard.....the best I think I have gained in race 1 is when the hard rain came....surprised me (should have not set it up lol :)), but found it also really cool.....
In the end a 20 sec gap I gained back around 7 sec with the P2....so not bad for a pusher

Race 2 got collected indeed, but lucky me no damage at all...suspension wise that is.....so I could have still keep pushing, but with the mess around decided to do my pit strategy of first lap (plus it makes the car still equal)....got the front tires, pushed real hard and in the end passed everyone....P1 with 13 sec to spare....so me a happy camper :)

Good and bad night

Qual 2

Race 1 ... Sprint ... got the whole shot into T1, then 3/4 way round lap 1 something happened with Christopher and he went straight on crossed my path and off track somewhere - pretty sure it was his mistake or someone elses so carried on (not checked replay so can't be 100% sure, 99% maybe :wink:)
Anyway ... Mark was trying to remove my rear wing whilst the track was drying, he attempted a couple of late lunges which tbh were a bit daft in the conditions, but I held a lot of them off, then I realised he had gambled on dry tyres or a real low wing, cos once the track dried some more he was past and off into the distance by a good few seconds ... but then the rain came again, and in half a lap I reeled him in by 3 seconds - knew he had no chance from there on in so once I passed him, there was another daft lunge from Mark which sent me spinning 360 or maybe 720 ... sigh ... come on mate - sort it aaat geeza - you can't whack people and expect them to be chuffed to bits about it, especially when you were so much slower at that point :rolleyes:
Anyway ... no real harm done luckily and in the end cos from there on in it was gap management to 2nd which I managed to grow to some 10 seconds ...

In the end I actually took the WIN!!!! :woot:

Gratz all and thanks for a nice one.

Race 2 ... started 8th I think, followed Christopher around first lap and then someone in what I believe was a team England car was a bit over zealous, nearly took me out with some dodgy manoeuvres but then a couple of corners later he did take Christopher out :rolleyes:

Carried on, climbed to 3rd, did a crap pit stop and changed a couple of tyres but on my outlap I stuffed it up and removed the front wheel ... ho hum ... I'll take the win and be happy though, cos I did not get much practice in for this (maybe an hour or so) and even less in the wet!!

Nice championship - thx to all for organising and competing and the generally good driving I encountered throughout. :thumbup:

A dramatic turn off events saw Team Netherlands take their first Nations GP title from under the noses of Team Germany. Christopher Aponte took a 1st and 2nd place to give The Netherlands an 8 point cushion to Team Germany. Season Long leaders England slip to 3rd with South Africa taking the P4 slot.

P Team
1. Team Netherlands
2. Team Germany
3. Team England
4. Team South Africa
5. Team Poland
6. Team Portugal
7. Team Scotland
8. Team France
9. Team Ireland
10. Team Romania
11. Team Finland
12. Team USA
13. Team Australia
14. Team Belgium
15. Team Scandanavia

Christopher ... I just watched the replay ... we did touch :eek: ... but when it happened I just saw you doing a flyby across the front of my car and thought you had missed your brake point or been whacked from behind, so I didn't even consider stopping cos at the speed you were coming through you didn't seem to have any chance of making that corner without taking us both out - I just took a "damage limitation" line, thought I had done a good job of it and continued with my race.

Not sure what else to say apart from it did seem rather a bold and late passing attempt on lap 1 of a 30 minute race, the track was rather wet which would support my thinking of you doing a flyby, and there ain't much space at that point of the track either, especially as there was at least 3 of us trying to make it through there in VERY close proximity.
Another thing to note is that you came from my blind spot, I had no idea where you were till a split second before we touched ... I was also watching Mark who was making his presence felt rather strongly in my mirrors ... my line into that corner was nothing wild, and I was already committed to it as I saw you and we touched so hope I can't be accused of cutting your nose off or owt!!?

All in all I don't really consider it my fault mate, hope you see it similarly, and the overtaking car does have the majority of the onus to make sure you can make it through clean and without taking the car in front (or others) out in the process ... if you see it differently then please do let me know (here will do or PM if you want to discuss it.)

Not attacking your driving or wanting to start a beef with you or anything else ... just one of those incidents as far as I see it ... you went for something that might be considered a shade risky and lost out because of it ... I was blissfully unaware of the full picture till just now.

Hope all is cool with us dude? :cool: :wink:

np...
it was just at the time I was behind you I felt I could brake way way later than you, so with me being next to you or pretty close on that last corner decided to try to see if it will stick....not really was trying to dive, more trying to put a faster line with later braking ;)
might have miscalculated due to wetness,...but that I don't know yet......and will leave it like that :wink:
not really mad or something as I know you are fair buddy :)

oh btw...forgot to say that race 1 did had a hart stopping moment for me.....came froze for a couple of sec, went to desktop then back again to the game lol......I thought my race was over there :)

The Big Thank you thread!

Thank you all for competing in this years Nations GP Season two. I hope the hard work has paid off and you guys most importantly had fun. Congratulations to Team Netherlands on winning the championship, it was a close fight to the very last race.

Now I have some thank you's to give out:

Thanks to Eric Kazcmarek, for helping me in the planning of the league and all the help and explaining into how to work GPCOS, cheers mate!

Thanks to Ben Tusting, for helping me with ideas and thought into the season and helping me with the threads and track selecting etc.

Thanks to Bjorn de Haas, Bob Hutchins, Giorgos Davakos and Austin Jordan. For your help behind the scenes and with the ideas and input you put in!

Thanks to Chris Aponte for putting up the servers and perfecting the weather system!

Thanks to all the Team Managers, for filling in the team lists every round and telling me who was racing where.
Of course, big thanks to Racedepartment for letting us host the servers and forums here, we couldn't of done it without that!

And finally, thanks to everyone who took part in this league. We hope Season 3 will strike it big with the big leagues in the simracing world like STC, FPES etc. We are already planning and going through possible ways to make Season 3 the perfect league for all you guys. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the league and what car/track's we should use, please post it here.

Here's to Season 3! :good::drink::thanks::thanks:

THANK YOU ALL!!!! LOVE YOU!!!
Thanks RaceDepartment and Racing Staff! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::bang::f1:

Special Thanks and Kisses to Ross Balfour and Eric Kaczmarek!!!

Sorry for my poor Thanks and Post but i have so much good things about you to say that i want to summarise them in big words. LOVE YOU! :party:

We have to thank you Ross and 'others' for putting up this great league, for all your effort.
From Team Portugal we give are greatest thanks.

From me I thank everyone who drove for team Portugal and help us improve our posistion :)

Let season 3 be even better.

Big :thanks: to RD and specially to Ross and Eric, great to bring us this wonderful format again after season one. I´m really hoping and looking forward to a continue.

Further :thanks:´s go to all participations from around the globe, great season guys.
Also one :thanks: to my teammates Michael and Ralf which let team germany alive, only without one of you the season would ending much earlier instead of this successful season.

To not forget, :thanks: for my TBR teammate Kevin who give his time and help us out with the skin in almost last minute.

CU ALL next. :doublethumb:

Well, not a good night in terms of point scored...

Qual : After being P12 after my first run (in wet tyres), I put on slick tyres, and it was, much, much better, P6. Position that I could save in SP.

Race 1 : Started 6th, gained a few positions, then I overtook a Polish car (I can't remember which one, sorry) and was P4 in turn 5 (well, for me it was turn 2 or 3, but for Tilke and Bernie, it is turn 5 :D), I came P3 as Aponte went off the track and lost many positions, then we had a great battle with that polish car I overtook moments ago and also one of the German cars (Krabach), while Downham and Buglin Birney was battling for the lead. Then, it started to rain again, Buglin Birney couldn't match Downham's pace anymore and lost much time, he couldn't even keep P2 and then P3. So I was P2. But in the last laps, I couldn't eternally resist to Radek's attacks and Christoper's comeback, and eventually finished P4.

Race 2 : Well... Started P5 on slicks, had a good start, and then in the end of lap one... BOOM. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back