2008 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
more wips :)

this time it is

-Australia
&
-Turkey
around the cockpit you see some errors i have to test it ingame if it looks good cuz the x-file for carview is broken

P.s. Japan is in work :)

Attachments

• fbmw_nationscup_aus.jpg
    fbmw_nationscup_aus.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 221
  • fbmw_nationscup_tur.jpg
    fbmw_nationscup_tur.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 211
I like the idea of prequal to decide who from which country is able to represent that country.
Also I would like to see a prequal lap restriction. Only 1 hotlap allowed; this way you can shorten the prequal to only 2 days and 1 server and it adds the most important pressure for everyone.

For tracks; I don't care which; as long as the track is in one of the nations and only 1 track in every country.

If a team consist of 2 drivers we have room for 12 countries (1 room);
Suggestion:

• Australia
  • Belgium (including Luxembourg)
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Spain (including Portugal)
  • Sweden
  • UK
  • USA

I prefer we look at it from a team perspective; no individual points, only nation points.

PS. carskins are looking great so far :thumb:

I like the idea of prequal to decide who from which country is able to represent that country.
Also I would like to see a prequal lap restriction. Only 1 hotlap allowed; this way you can shorten the prequal to only 2 days and 1 server and it adds the most important pressure for everyone.

For tracks; I don't care which; as long as the track is in one of the nations and only 1 track in every country.

If a team consist of 2 drivers we have room for 12 countries (1 room);
Suggestion:

• Australia
  • Belgium (including Luxembourg)
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Spain (including Portugal)
  • Sweden
  • UK
  • USA
I prefer we look at it from a team perspective; no individual points, only nation points.

PS. carskins are looking great so far :thumb:
Does Ireland count as Northern and Southern??? Dont forget the Asian countries ;)

Hong Kong, Macau and China should all just race under China...

And btw where is team Canada?

I think in order to fit all countries there can only be 1 driver per nation per race (just like A1GP)

<rant>limiting this to one man per team who has to earn his rights to represent is starting to annoy me a little. as my understanding this was supposed to be a fun event to cater for everyone. as mentioned earlier there are lots of us at the back end of the grid that never qualify for wtcc league events that would love to have the opportunity to drive in a league style race event and score some points for once. we have great fun in FD events and the banter is brilliant. please try to think beyond individuals here and look to set up for a fun event that lots of people of differing skills can contribute to. </rant>

sorry for rant... :sign0152:

<rant>limiting this to one man per team who has to earn his rights to represent is starting to annoy me a little. as my understanding this was supposed to be a fun event to cater for everyone. as mentioned earlier there are lots of us at the back end of the grid that never qualify for wtcc league events that would love to have the opportunity to drive in a league style race event and score some points for once. we have great fun in FD events and the banter is brilliant. please try to think beyond individuals here and look to set up for a fun event that lots of people of differing skills can contribute to. </rant>

sorry for rant... :sign0152:

No need to be sorry, I too understand your concern. But if you have 2 ppl in a team and exclude some country isn't that not fair of the ppl in the excluded country too?

I think one way to solve this issue is that "UNLESS EVERYONE IN THAT PRARTICLAR COUNTY AS ALREADY RACED FOR ONCE, NO REPEAT DRIVERS ALLOWED IN A SEASON" . And RD should select the driver for each round by a draw, instead of hotlap shootout. This way it's a fun event that everyone has a chance to participate. What do you think

i like the no repeat drivers and names from a hat idea.

i also don't want to exclude teams/countries and think a prequal is required or 2 servers (1 car per country per server = 25 countries.) thats 50 bods involved straight away.

maybe the time is right to gauge interest??

I totally agree we have to keep it fun for everyone. How, what and when for the slower drivers have to be figured out. Don't know if its suitable for this cup or another to be announce league. Point is, for me its all about fun for everyone, not only a group 1 drivers group.

Keep on discussing guys, this is actually going the right way at the moment. Interact with our members is key to success.

hmm may i have a great idear

every nation has to nominate a Aliendriver as teamleader&coach this guy wont race.
the teamleader will choose 8 drivers of his nation who will build a team from then
the teamleader will also choose wich driver will race on wich track, based on the train times the team will have on the diffrent tracks

this will pull out a lot of the realy fast guys and give some slower guys like me maybe a change to get a ride in this series, as the teamleader will be the coach too
may the slower drivers get a bit extra out of it

thats a realy big field already let say 25 nations per 9 ppl == 225 ppl where 200 will drive
so i think lot of space even for slower driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.9%
  • < 4 years