2008 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Michael: wow! That screenshot looks really really great already. Exactly how i would picture it myself! (but dont have the skills to do it :D)

@Gary: we did the caterham league last year, and although i am a big fan of the tricky handling of the cars, the league wasnt a big success. The CSR320 seemed to hard for some to drive in a league environment. But who knows :)

I have an idea, probably a bad one which is the usual for my ideas :)

This would be a team championship as far as i can tell. So, lets say its going to run over four months (could be more) and you have teams of upto 8 racers.

Month one a track is picked and over the month four races are held on the same track with two racers from each team competing in a different car class each race.

Something like
Week one FBMW with two team members
Week two F3000 with two different team members
Week three Radicals again two different memmbers of the team
Week four Caterhams and the two team members that have not raced yet.

Points for all four races go towards team total.

Onto month two, the same format on a different track with the added twist that the members of the team must race a different car class than the previous month.

So say over 4 month's each racer would have raced in each of the four classes.

Probably a nightmare to admin but could provide some fun racing and adds the variety of cars that everyone wants.

Just a rough idea, feel free to ridicule or refine as you see fit>

Ricky

How about one or two from each continent???

EG:
North America: Montreal, Limerock
South America: Interlagos, Londrina
Europe: Norisring,Assen
Asia: Autopolis, Okyama
Oceania: Melbourne, Surfers Paradise

I have an idea, probably a bad one which is the usual for my ideas

Something like
Week one FBMW with two team members
Week two F3000 with two different team members
Week three Radicals again two different memmbers of the team
Week four Caterhams and the two team members that have not raced yet.

Ricky

looks good can support it :D but should not be mandatory whoever drive for the team as long its team :drunk:

a little more preview i finished the wings and put on the numbers
the x-file is bugged so the nose number is not to see

if there will be league specific sponsors like i3d or RD let me know
anybody else is working on this ?? lets do a list who do wich skin so we dont
do tripple or quad work :)

Attachments

• fbmw_nationscup_de2.jpg
    fbmw_nationscup_de2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 252
  • fbmw_nationscup_de3.jpg
    fbmw_nationscup_de3.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 243
Lots of idea's I see already. Nice.

I was thinking that maybe we should again rely on pre-qualification. As far as I can see this is not a league where everyone can join anyway.

In pre-qualification the best driver of each country is invited to represent it in the race. Not fair for everyone, but it deals with the drivers-per-country issue and ensure's the participation of many different countries.

In GPCOS all drivers sign up for the team of their county (e.g NC Team England). Only one drives each race so the team (that is 'country') standings are fair. Also the most succesful driver gets the most points, from an individual perspective.

I was thinking that maybe we should again rely on pre-qualification. As far as I can see this is not a league where everyone can join anyway.

In pre-qualification the best driver of each country is invited to represent it in the race. Not fair for everyone, but it deals with the drivers-per-country issue and ensure's the participation of many different countries...

Hmmm... let me see :D do I attempt to run under the English/UK banner [not likely to qualify ahead of the aliens, or do I claim the nationality of one of my parents and run under that banner [Jamaica or Barbados?]???

:D:D:D:D

Looks like team Barbados might have to submit an entry lol. If it can work for olympic athletes it can work for me. :circuitzolder:

Hmmm... let me see :D do I attempt to run under the English/UK banner [not likely to qualify ahead of the aliens, or do I claim the nationality of one of my parents and run under that banner [Jamaica or Barbados?]???

:D:D:D:D

Looks like team Barbados might have to submit an entry lol. If it can work for olympic athletes it can work for me. :circuitzolder:

I suppose that would be OK, just like football (Eduardo born in Brazil playes for Croatia :))

Or another idea, A race (Like V-WTCC) each country has a race and top 2 race for there country. Then if there is say 25 countries that enter 1 driver in group1 and the second driver in group 2.

In pre-qualification the best driver of each country is invited to represent it in the race. Not fair for everyone, but it deals with the drivers-per-country issue and ensure's the participation of many different countries.

Not really happy if this went forward - there are good guys down at the back end of the grid who have great fun racing together at RD events. I'm sure, like myself, they would love to have the chance to "represent their country" in a league type environment. We've got to get a solution that can cater for us. If it is just a fastest man qualifies for the race i'll not even bother signing up to be honest.

some more preview

near done cars :

-GER
-NED
-ESP
-FRA
-CZE
-ITA
-HUN

to do : some little adjustments and add a few decals if needed
cars to do :

give me a list i wont do it for every country around the world :homer:

so here are a few wips ;D

Attachments

• fbmw_nationscup_cze.jpg
    fbmw_nationscup_cze.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 248
  • fbmw_nationscup_fra.jpg
    fbmw_nationscup_fra.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 265
  • fbmw_nationscup_hun.jpg
    fbmw_nationscup_hun.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 250
  • fbmw_nationscup_ita.jpg
    fbmw_nationscup_ita.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 269
Very nice!! :) Northern Ireland maybe :)

i hope ireland is enough i am workin on a norther ireland one but till i dont get the crow over the star right i wont make it

some more wips

-Ireland
-Belgium
-Canada
-Swiss

Attachments

• fbmw_nationscup_bel.jpg
    fbmw_nationscup_bel.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 231
  • fbmw_nationscup_can.jpg
    fbmw_nationscup_can.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 238