• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

NGP Physics and car downloads?

Discussion in 'WorkerBees RBR Plugin Support' started by Warren Dawes, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes

Ratings:
    +1,819
    Question for Uncle G or maybe Porridge?
    I've started renewing my interest in RBR thanks to the link provided by WorkerBee to the NGP physics at http://www.ly-racing.de/viewtopic.php?t=7878.
    I've been slowly downloading and testing a few of Uncle G's great plugins but I'm a little confused about the Cars and associated Physics files from the website.
    I already have NGP ver 4.4 installed. I've downloaded a few of the individual cars and their associated physics files from the website, but need some advice about the installations. I can add the cars ok, but I'm not sure about the individual physics files.
    Do I need to add these as well (or is it already covered by NGP 4.4) ? If so, how do I install the specific car physics? There are no instructions with the files, and I don't speak German so can't find the answer at GVRC.
    Or, can I just install the RBR Car Manager and it will take care of the car specific physics?

2. WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Ratings:
    +107
    Hi Warren,

NGP has the same philosophy as all my other plugins:
    Integrate seemlessly into standard RBR.

So, car installation in NGP is the same as with standard RBR.

It boils down to:
    * extract the 3D model into the Cars folder
    * replace all the physics files of the car in the physics.rbz and/or physics folder, using the slot of the original car being replaced
    * optionally edit the audio\cars\cars.ini file to specify the engine sound to be used

Details can be found for example here.

But anyway I do recommend using Angelos' CarManager which takes care of almost all the hassle.
    You still have to unpack the 3D model.
    There is one caveat with the CarManager: don't forget do unpack your audio.dat as it is written in the Readme file.
    We are working on some improvements to make this nice tool even better, but I can't tell you when this will be finished.
    It definitely is worth a try.

Kind regards,
    Uncle G.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes

Ratings:
    +1,819
    Thanks Uncle G, most helpful.

Cheers,
    Warren