NFS Tournament Class A

Cars NFS Tournament Class A 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
This is a great pair of cars, I really enjoy the Testarossa - too bad, it is not the earlier version as has been used in the Miami Vice TV show ;-)
The car really has some heavy weight transfer going on, super cars really came a long way from the 80's to today.

If you think the TR is soft and wallowy, be careful wishing for a Testarossa. ;)

This car was built with the engine mounted on top of the gearbox to keep the wheelbase short. Unfortunately, mounting the engine there was a big problem for handling as it's a lot of weight pretty high up in the chassis. Couple that with soft springs - it was more of a GT car than a supercar, really - and it was a proper mess on track. The 512TR addressed the issue by lowering the engine by about an inch but it's still on top of the gearbox, and it's still a GT car so it's not sprung all that aggressively itself.

It handles its bulk gracefully if you keep your inputs in sync with its reactions. Don't toss it around, let it slide into place smoothly and punch the throttle to straighten it up. I'm within a few tenths at most tracks in each car, as is the AI, and which is faster will depend on where you take them. But you have to drive them very differently to get those times.

Just had a go on the 90s tires, ran 6 laps apiece @ Highlands. First 4 were tidy, last two were a bit hoonish. Diablo's left rear peaked at around 93C, Ferrari's at about 87C. Conditions were 26C/Sunny/12:00. Seems fine to me.

Yes Jason, I know about the questionable design decisions Ferrari took with the Testarossa. Actually that very detail came to my mind the moment I had my first few laps with it at Mugello.

You can really feel thattop heavy rear end in the corners - great job on this car!

My comment re. the old Testarossa really came as I grew up in the time when Miami Vice was BIG and when I think Ferrari Testarossa, I immediately have that image of the white Testarossa going at great speed into a fast right hand turn in the intro clip of the series (of course it had only the famous single high mirror as well).

There was a later performance oriented version of the TR with plexi head light covers if I remember correctly. Any chance this will be made as well in a future version?

... and yes, once one of the masters has made a good Ferrari TR sound, this car will be perfect ;-)

Lap times, just for fun:
Zandvoort, hotlap conditions

1:54.7xx - Ferrari F40
1:54.8xx - Lamborgini Diablo SE30 Jota
1:57.1xx - Lamborghini Diablo VT
1:57.9xx - Ferrari 512 TR
1:58.6xx - Lamborghini Countach
--------------------------
The 3d models are beautiful, but not sure why you went a different way with the shaders? Trying to make a color pack that looks good isn't working at all, and white isn't even possible....

EDIT: Just seen in the other thread that an update for the shaders is on the way! Thank you.

Last edited:
Just had a go on the 90s tires, ran 6 laps apiece @ Highlands. First 4 were tidy, last two were a bit hoonish. Diablo's left rear peaked at around 93C, Ferrari's at about 87C. Conditions were 26C/Sunny/12:00. Seems fine to me.
Could you please try again at Barcelona?
These cars were at red and cars were all over the place while F40 was always green. Yes I also know that it's way lighter.

PS1 TBH personally I believe that your cars are correct and that kunos needs to update F40. It's not logical to abuse a car with street tyres and not getting over heated. I am not an expert though.
PS2 I love the cars with these tyres, just reporting what I saw.

A3DR updated NFS Tournament Class A with a new update entry:

Shader tweaks and other fixes

• fixed gauge needles transparency (512)
  • adjusted paint shader for both cars (100% white car possible now)
  • added 2 new colors for the Diablo
  • each car on it's own manufacturer brand, now tagged with "TNFS Class A"
  • fixed a couple of AO and texture issues
  • parking lights button now transparent (512)
  • black out panel below engine cover now won't dissapear when looked from above (512)
  • fixed shadow bias on both cars
  • adjusted gauges light intensity on the Diablo to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I took the 512 around old monza and supension was acting strangely. Suspension travel seemed too long and the front wheel went through the fender a number of times.
Screenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_ks_monza66_29-8-117-15-35-18.jpg

Well, don't take it around old Monza. :p

On a more serious note, that's to a certain extent an AC thing. Suspension travel is all set up correctly and I've passed well into the realm of fudging it with bumpstop rate to keep it from doing that as best I can. It'll survive Fuchsrohre without popping through the fender (spent 4 hours making that happen) and I'm good with that.

As for tire heating, I'm terribad @ Barcelona and I don't think my results are representative. I couldn't get the Ferrari past 83C. At NJMP, which is tight and where I'm not awful, I was peak 95/88 in the two cars. Even at 95C, you're at 98% on the temp curve. I really think they're OK. Are you remembering to put ~7psi more air in them when you switch from semis?

Awesome looking screenshots, superb work as usual no doubt...
Seriously looking forward to trying this!! and will try and rate without using profanity ;)
Of all the times for me to be making a 10m poly roadmesh.
my pc is as slow as a one legged tortoise at the moment.
When I test it later it will have to be with the 512... Oh yes!

Well done to you both for getting the 1st NFS release sorted.

I noticed way faster wear on the F40 a few weeks ago, the F40 front tyres have a different wear LUT than the rears, resulting in roughly twice as fast wear on the front than the rears.
Looks like this is the same thing on the Diablo while the 512TR has the same LUT for front and rear tyres, so the rears should drop a bit faster due to more load/stress.

Edit: Update: Apparently it is CM which currently has a bug generating data for Sidekick, according to a post by the maker of Sidekick in that thread, so don't worry :) Awaiting an update for CM to fix this then!

I am also having the issue where CM is unable to find / generate the info for these two cars.

I normally use CM when I get a new mod car to generate the tyre info etc and input it automatically into Sidekick, so the first thing I did was then check those settings inside CM and they were already on. But the data appeared blank as below; I have never had this problem with any other mod cars.

upload_2017-8-31_14-53-37.png

I will report it in the Sidekick thread as well of course, but I just wanted to let you know :)

Can somebody for which this works please tell me the ideal psi for these two cars so I at least know what to aim for in the meantime? :D

Thanks,

Leif.

I know it is probably correct to the real cars, but as the steering wheel has more than 1080º lock to lock it doesn't sync visually with my FFB wheel. Is there something I can do to fix this?

There's an option for that in the settings somewhere.
Something like 'Steering wheel lock' or 'Virtual Steering wheel lock'. Set that to half the value of your wheels DoR and then the steering is synced in-game to your actual wheel.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 332 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.2%