Next RD iRacing Club event at SPA with which car?

Hey guys,

With SPA coming out in a few days, was thinking of hosting a club event on this track for fellow RDers next week. If you were to choose what car you'd like to race with on this track what would it be?

Was thinking the same thing Dario, but just wanna make sure! :)

It'll probably be next Sunday Dec 26th. I know people will be enjoying the holidays with family and friends but if there is enough interest I can host it for this day. If not we can plan for this as being our first RD iRacing event for 2011.

I think Kevin is right, the Williams might make an event turn into a war of attrition with people spinning out as its a hard car to be consistent in and very unforgiving. The Corvette might be a good choice though it would be nice to make a change from tin tops. If not the Corvette what about the Star Mazda?

Quick noob question guys, I've never had a race where I've had to make a pitstop on iRacing. Is it fairly easy to come in and change all four tires without adding fuel? Was also thinking about possibly adding a mandatory pit for tires (just an idea though :) ). But wasn't quite sure on the pitting process.

Yes - If you ever played the NASCAR series, the screens are similar. When you bring up the F4 Fuel screen, set the "Add Fuel" to 0.0 and deselect the checkbox. On the F5 tire screen, de-select the two tires you don't want to change (do this on-track).

Selecting the 0.0 is important - iRacing resents all the boxes to 'checked' when you leave the pits (I'm not sure about gridding, haven't checked that yet) - this is why you select the tires on-track. In a skippy, a 2 tire stop is 6.5 sec, a 4 tire stop is 12.8 sec.

Unfortunately, setting up for pits is one area where iRacing is weak compared to other sims, though it DOES allow you to tweak the pressures on the new set of tires, which is nice (assuming you are an expert on handling feel and tire pressures).

(oops, was editing/testing when William answered)

While I most probably won't be able to race on Sunday my vote would be the Vette or DP. I really love the MX-5 but wouldn't it be a turd on this long track? Just imagine the straights - but it would lead to nice drafting battles :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back