Next League Discussion

-shall we continue with MX5?
-every week, every other week?
-Skippy or?
-6, 8, 10, 12 rounds?
-one or two drop races?
-focus on "default"/free tracks or simply best car/track combos
-etc

and yes, when shall we start, around mid January?

based on this discussion I will create poll afterwards to see which car(s), tracks, formats are most wanted ;)

MX-5. Everyone has it. Popular car to drive too. Provides fun racing.
A season running week on week for me.
Skippy fun to learn but maybe a change of vehicle for alternate season.
12 rounds and 2 drop races.Consult the member content sheet and decide from there. To avoid some great tracks by going just 'Rookie' would be a missed opportunity.

As an example, Club England over on iRacing ran this schedule for the recent MX-5 series......

Week 1 - Okayama International Circuit
Week 2 - Phillip Island
Week 3 - Road Atlanta
Week 4 - Mosport International Raceway
Week 5 - Summit Point Raceway - Summit Point Raceway Full
Week 6 - Road America Full
Week 7 - Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Full
Week 8 - Sebring International Raceway - International Night race
Week 9 - Brands Hatch Circuit - Grand Prix
Week 10 - Suzuka International Racing Course - Grand Prix
Week 11 - Watkins Glen International - Classic Boot
Week 12 - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - GP Pits

Give the Christmas pud time to settle, lol. Mid January should be good.

I know it's mostly road racers on here, but an oval league might be a nice change of pace if we had enough interest. Car wise, even the Street Stock, which everyone has, could be a lot of fun. I haven't looked at the ownership statistics for the oval cars; the Late Model and the Silverado are pretty popular aren't they?

Road wise, I really enjoy the Skip, but would have no problem participating in other cars, especially the Mustang and the Star Mazda. I'd probably break down and buy the V8 Supercar or the Daytona Prototype if we were running either here.

I think we might want to pay some attention to some of the alternate arrangements on some tracks, too. One of the New Hampshire road courses is a very, very fun drive in the Skippy and the SRF.

I would be interested in something like a "cheap-starters-racing program" :)

What do I mean with this:
Use popular cars: Mustang, MX-5 (2 championships in 1)
Use "club" tracks and use different variatons of them:
Oulton Park (Island & Fosters)
VIR (South & North)
Silverstone (International & Southern)
Brands Hatch
Okayama
New-Hampshire road

Create club racing: Easy access, not to much setup work, fun little tracks, big fields, close racing

oh, and make sure the races take place when I am free ;-)

On the road side I would like to see the Radical, DP, or V8SC. How about mixed class using DP and GT or LMP and Radical. How about a road racing version of short track racing using the MX5 on very small road racing configurations where lap times are less than 1 minute. Do them in 2 race sprint races with inverted fields.
On the oval side, the trucks and late models are fun. Throw in a road course or two to keep it interesting.
Personally I'd like to see some top tier stuff. I know not everyone owns all the content, but I'd like to see the Cup cars or Indy or even F1.
I don't race in iracing seasons, I only race in hosted leagues so I have to look elsewhere to get 'my' fix. I'd like to see RD have a top tier league here.
Oh, and no skippy... ever.. :)

I think the alternating weeks works ok, with one league being with an entry-level car (MX-5) on the shorter/stock content tracks + a few extra (some of the infield-only configs are great in MX-5 - like Daytona), and the other league to be big-guns: IndyCar/F1/Radical/DP or LMP. Minimum of Star Mazda.

The other possibility would be to have, instead of a big-gun league, to have an oval/road Truck or Late Model oval league. One thing that RD no longer has is a regular oval league, and I think there is just enough interest that a Sunday league that all continents can attend may get enough interest to be sustainable.

2 drop weeks for a 8 or 10 race season, 3 drop weeks for 12. (1 for every 4 races). I think 8 race seasons are perfect (would last Jan-May then we could work on Summer league(s)).

Oh, and to repeat - no skippy... ever.. :) - done with that until the Lotus 49 arrives.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back