Next Generation Physics (NGP) Plugin

Fergutor, you should at least use the up to date version of NGP to contribute to a constructive discussion, and not refer to the 3.1 version. Its clear that RSRBR is not the way to go regarding NGP (they don´t seem to like it). Also be aware of one very important thing: Visual perception problem. Playing in a monitor can be very disappointing depending on screen size, incorrect FOV, etc. I use an Oculus rift to play rbr, and that gives you the correct perspective/scale/etc, and I became much more aware of how unrealistic certain rsrbr cars (default physics) are regarding speed for example, and on the contrary I see that NGP speeds are the correct ones. Things will change in the next years when more and more people have access to VR.
Anyway, workerbee you are doing a magnificent job. One thing I have to agree with some people: the default wrc setups on 4.4 are far from good. But of course its our job to find a good setup for our driving style, it can be a very subjective thing.

Fergutor, you should at least use the up to date version of NGP to contribute to a constructive discussion, and not refer to the 3.1 version. Its clear that RSRBR is not the way to go regarding NGP (they don´t seem to like it). Also be aware of one very important thing: Visual perception problem. Playing in a monitor can be very disappointing depending on screen size, incorrect FOV, etc. I use an Oculus rift to play rbr, and that gives you the correct perspective/scale/etc, and I became much more aware of how unrealistic certain rsrbr cars (default physics) are regarding speed for example, and on the contrary I see that NGP speeds are the correct ones. Things will change in the next years when more and more people have access to VR.
Anyway, workerbee you are doing a magnificent job. One thing I have to agree with some people: the default wrc setups on 4.4 are far from good. But of course its our job to find a good setup for our driving style, it can be a very subjective thing.

It just now ocurred to me that someone could have talked without quoting so I didn't get any alert...
First if IT IS INDEED NGP then it is still a "constructive discussion", notice that the creator didn't had any problem with that (unless his silence means otherwise, rude...), so why you do? Now I agree that it's more appropriate to use the newest but I didn't knew that RSRBR wasn't using it, as I clearly stated before, so why you're saying this now? RSRBR is using this since 2014 I think, so why you said they don't like it, I remember they were quite exited about this and they added more and more cars to it and not to the standard physics so it seems you're no talking truth.
I'm fully aware of the visual effects that POV variation give, I'm not that foolish, so I use a standard number and also I'm aware of screen ratios, I'm quite sensitive to that too. Now about "how unrealistic certain RSRBR cars are", yes many cars are, I'm not saying they aren't AS I SAID BEFORE, but like the creator of NGP you're not stating any example...(to me almost all WRC after 2004, most if not all group A cars, all group B cars, most RWD cars, so maybe most cars there! RSRBR got ruined after 2011-12). Well, now I can't say for sure but in the NGP that is in RSRBR cars are clearly too slow, but as I said, that's not the only issue.
Congratulations in having a "VR", I wish I have one.
And as I also said: I have to test the newest version, I already installed RBRTM but couldn't use it to this day, I will see if today I do it. The cars are the exact same as the NGP's creator ones right?

I actually find the 3.1 version that RSRBR uses to feel more lifelike than the latest version. I'm sure the latest version is more accurate in theory and simulates vehicle dynamics correctly but from my 14 year career as a rally driver I think 3.1 feels more on point. Note "feels". I love the CIT and the ease of use and don't want to use RSRBR but is there a way to downgrade to 3.1 with CIT?

I actually find the 3.1 version that RSRBR uses to feel more lifelike than the latest version. I'm sure the latest version is more accurate in theory and simulates vehicle dynamics correctly but from my 14 year career as a rally driver I think 3.1 feels more on point. Note "feels". I love the CIT and the ease of use and don't want to use RSRBR but is there a way to downgrade to 3.1 with CIT?
Im with you, for me the 3.1 version seemed to be more life-like, more predictable in a way and I felt I had the car more under my control. Anyway, I had to adapt to the 4.4 version because of championships and had to make a lot of adjustments especially to the diffs, and after those adjustments the car is more under control, so you might want to try different diff settings. Almost all cars I tested I didn't like the default setups, the only one I enjoyed was the 01 Impreza.

Im with you, for me the 3.1 version seemed to be more life-like, more predictable in a way and I felt I had the car more under my control. Anyway, I had to adapt to the 4.4 version because of championships and had to make a lot of adjustments especially to the diffs, and after those adjustments the car is more under control, so you might want to try different diff settings. Almost all cars I tested I didn't like the default setups, the only one I enjoyed was the 01 Impreza.

After a few hours with 4.4 I think the S2000 cars and the R2 cars feel the best so far. I have played around a bit with settings. Maybe this is a dumb question, but is it the setup page in the vanilla part of the game that you use? Or do I have to use a third party plugin to change the setup? I know I can change the diffs etc. in the main menu but do they apply to the NGP cars?

Also, if you have any basic diff setups you like, feel free to share if you want. I don't do any online driving, I just do it for training and fun.

I tried downloading from RBRCIT, but after going ingame, the brakes are practically non-existant and I can only access Reverse, Neutral and First, can anybody help?
Using an F310 Gamepad to play, Shift down/Shift up binded to X and A buttons respectively.

I tried downloading from RBRCIT, but after going ingame, the brakes are practically non-existant and I can only access Reverse, Neutral and First, can anybody help?
Using an F310 Gamepad to play, Shift down/Shift up binded to X and A buttons respectively.
Did you update the NGP plugin from RBRCIT?

had exactly the same problem. Fresh install of RBR, and installed NGP and FIxup with RBRCIT.
If I install some cars with NGP physics, those cars can shift gears without any problem.
I'm using T300RS btw.

Last edited:
at the start of the race there is a white line on the top that will say plugin active or inactive, i think it comes up if you hit esc to...
if your car doesnt have the ngp physics it will say inactive, now only 1st and reverse functions and no brake.
if you update your old rbrcit the car list may change, only cars in the new list will function properly.

2020-01-02
* updated PhysicsNG (NGP6) plugin to version 6.2.748.416
** new feature: UDP telemetry

But what is UDP Telemetry?, i googled it but could not find anything clear (but a lot of F1 URL`s), i was then looking for a new feature ingame but could not find one.

With the New NGP RBR is by far the best Rallysim stil today i think. I feel actually progress in learing to drive Rally. Most of the other games claming to be Rally Sim still feel more like a "console" game to me and i dont feel that progress in "feeling" the cars ....

2020-01-02
* updated PhysicsNG (NGP6) plugin to version 6.2.748.416
** new feature: UDP telemetry

But what is UDP Telemetry?, i googled it but could not find anything clear (but a lot of F1 URL`s), i was then looking for a new feature ingame but could not find one.

With the New NGP RBR is by far the best Rallysim stil today i think. I feel actually progress in learing to drive Rally. Most of the other games claming to be Rally Sim still feel more like a "console" game to me and i dont feel that progress in "feeling" the cars ....
With the UDP Telemetry function, it is useful for other external programs that can interface and communicate with each other

Hello,

I have a problem, I would like to access the setting of the NGP plugin which is located in the menu of richardburnsrally.exe, but it does not appear there.

I finally have access to the NGP plugin.
The problem is that as soon as I launch a special via RS Center, the PhysicsNG.dll file disappears from its location.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back