Next Car Game: Wreckfest updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Next Car Game Wreckfest Update - 25.5.16.jpg

Bugbear Entertainment recently made live another new patch for their Next Car Game: Wreckfest title.

The late May update for Wreckfest focuses on several areas of improvement with particular attention paid to the car-to-car collisions - a particularly important aspect for a game designed around crashing into your opponents. The studio have created a more dynamic opponent reaction to contact with human players within the game, claiming car collisions will now feel "weighty" and should result in more dramatic response to contact. Be advised, this is early access and some further fine tuning and game tweaks could be applied by the studio before this element of the game is finalized.

Other updates included in the recent patch involve further refining of the in game AI, bringing a more challenging and aggressive opponent as well as adding more lifelike interactions with the track and other drivers. Expect to see cars spinning out and making mistakes on a more regular basis than seen in previous builds.

Following a slow few months development wise the studio seem to have made several positive strides with the game of late, bringing Wreckfest closer to the level its potential deserves.

Changelog below:
  • Added the 3Ds Max AI Geom Gen tool which was missing from previous update.
  • Added missing track cameras to Mixed 1 Reverse.
  • Fixed see-through track geometry and improperly placed props on Mixed 2 Reverse.
  • Added PSD templates for menu assets (event icon, loading screen, results screen, car icon) under mod example folders.
  • Increased racing AI aggressiveness: AI is now more inclined to try to ram the player or the other AI drivers if given a chance.
  • Improved racing AI: it’s now faster and drives more loose to give it a more natural edge.
  • Racing AI now reacts to being bumped or rammed by possibly losing control and/or spinning out.
  • Added graphics setting presets Low, Medium, High and Ultra (Settings > Graphics > Presets).
  • Added command line option ‘-disable_mods’ to make troubleshooting easier in case mods are preventing the game from launching properly.

Take a look at our growing Wreckfest community right here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions. Keep an eye out in the coming weeks as we add a mod section to the Wreckfest forum following the recent decision by the studio to open up the game for community modders to create new and exciting content.

How are you feeling about Wreckfest? Is the title living up to expectations for you? Let us know in the comments section below!!

Last edited by a moderator:

M D Gourley

Premium
I am really enjoying 'Wreckfest' in single player at the moment, my T300RS and TH8 shifters are all working great little practically no lag between gear changes when in H-Pattern...and the impacts do feel more weighty between cars... the FFB and car physics / handling are surprisingly very good, and fantastic audio, which I would rate nearly up there with R3E...for me personally very enjoyable indeed.:D
I have just had a go at that ridiculous 'Lawnmower Derby'...LOL...what a hoot that is, smiling all the time whiling racing...at one time I had 3 driver bodies stuck to my mower from a large collision while driving for a brief moment...LOL

Last edited:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%