Next Car Game: Wreckfest Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest Update - May.jpg

Bugbear Entertainment recently released another new update for Destruction Derby style racing title Next Car Game: Wreckfest.

After a long period of inactivity from the studio fans of the title now have yet another update to the game to enjoy, bringing with it a number of improvements and fixes to the enjoyable race 'em and crash 'em game.

This latest update brings a variety of useful enhancements to the online multiplayer functionality including enhanced commands for banning unwanted drivers and improved admin functions.

Wreckfest recently added the ability to create and upload modded content to the title and although reasonable slow engage the community progress is certainly being made with this excellent addition to the game..

Wreckfest is undoubtedly a little jewel in the PC racing game fan's library and provides many hours of high octane entertainment when the need to race fast and clean no longer applies.

Next Car Game: Wreckfest is available now on the Steam platform.

Changelog:

Bag editor improvements:

• Implemented a better file duplication tool
  • Added a rename tool which also patches references to the renamed file
  • Added an autosave option
  • Added a reset option that reverts modded file to the original (vanilla) state.
  • References to other bag files are now handled more intelligently
  • Cleaned up old unused properties from some file formats
  • Added an undo stack to some less-often used attribute types
  • Sliders are now displayed for more parameters. Sliders can also be enabled by the user by defining limits (right-click on the parameter and select ‘Limits & Comment’).
  • + and lots of other small tweaks.
Networking improvements:
  • Server moderators can now change event settings but not server name, welcome message or password.
  • Admin in dedicated server lobby can now start the event in a similar fashion than on servers hosted in-game. No change in behavior if no admins are present.
  • You can now display active bans in dedicated server console with ‘bans’ command and unban people with ‘/unban X’.
  • Also added commands ‘/bansteamid [numerical steam id]‘ and ‘/unbansteamid [numerical steam id]‘ for modifying ban list.
  • SteamIds in banlist.banl can now be edited with Bag Edit. Note that since the dedicated server does not use your Steam account, it has a separate ban list located in ‘%LOCALAPPDATA%/wreckfest early access’.
  • Host can still view and lift regular server’s bans through lobby’s context menu.
Bug fixes:
  • Added error messages and/or fixed crashes with improperly set vehicle mods.

Take a look at our growing Wreckfest community right here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions.

How do you think Wreckfest is progressing? Do you enjoy the title? Let us know in the comments section below!

I really hope modding takes off, as the game would feel a lot more finished with more content in it (Though I'd rather have modded tracks than cars). Hope they'll add Steam Workshop support, love it in Spintires.

Otherwise, I already love the game in its current state, I'd just wish for a more transparent development raodmap.

@Bram

Any chance we could arrange a sub section of the Wreckfest forum for users to add their new mod content please boss?

@jlnprssnr - Don't worry, I'm trying to have a chat with them and see if we can put something together (like our recent Q&A interviews) to give some feedback to the community. Watch this space :)

I always overlooked this game cos it looks arcade to me.
But how is it, really?
Do the cars handle realistically?
I remember playing the first "Flatout" yeeeeeaaars ago, but it felt like driving on ice...
Or so-called "soap cars". lol

always overlooked this game cos it looks arcade to me.
But how is it, really?
Do the cars handle realistically?
I remember playing the first "Flatout" yeeeeeaaars ago, but it felt like driving on ice...
Or so-called "soap cars". lol

Hey Liy,

Honestly I actually think the driving physics are pretty good. The cars feel nice, feel reasonably realistic and the damage and crash physics are also really good.

Personally I keep as far away from arcade as is possible, but this game to me feels really rather sim orientated and by no means just a crash fest "toy" game.

I would recommend it for sure. With mod support and what appears to be a new focus on development then i really feel it has a bright future.

The game looks good, runs smooth (GTX980ti on 3 screens - max settings) and is a whole load of fun!.

Don't know for sure but I think its pretty cheap on Steam too, so its worth a look see for sure.

Since when is that game moddable

Hi Bram,

I would have agree with Ricardo, probably best to have the following categories (for now):

Cars
Tracks
Liveries (i think these should be modable - shout up folks if not)
Misc

As Ricardo stated, tracks / locations are not yet modable but no doubt will be so in future releases.

Thanks man!

On a side note, have any of you guys tried mod content in game yet? I've not had chance to have a look at it since release, anything any good??? ta

Last edited:
Does anybody else experience some terrible performance with this game. I can barely crack 30FPS with my triple monitor setup, yet Project Cars, Dirt Rally and AC are all pushing 60.

@Keith Joyce. The weather mod gives you more sky textures sun/clouds ect also a late evening sky.

@Trimaz. I'm on a single screen an get 60fps with a GTX960, in game set graphics to medium an turn off grass it's a know GPU killer. I was getting screen tearing so set Nividia game profile to adaptive vsync, this cured a lot of issues. Bugbear has said optimization is last on the build

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back