Next Car Game: New sneak peek released

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Bugbear Entertainment released a second sneak peek of their upcoming over the top racing title Next Car Game.

The response to their first technology sneak peek was so amazing that the Finnish studios decided to give the players even more cool stuff to have fun with and released a new version of the sneak peek.

Newly added are destructive machinery, more dynamic stuff to blow up, spectacular stunts and an awesome physics cannon that is used to play with the physics engine of NCG.

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to back BugBear and this project as it looks an ideal alternative from the hustle and bustle of Assetto Corsa and iRacing (the 2 racers I run).

Received an email from BugBear this afternoon with a license key for Steam activation of their Early Access build. Just downloading it now. 1.2GB download. Could be a fun evening, lol.

:D

Well it loaded up OK.

Configuring the controls was a disaster. Recognised my wheel but when driving, no steering even though steering axis mapped. Decide for now to go with keyboard controls.

Started race and car automatically into reverse. Gear change keys did nothing, lol.

Ended up having to keep brake pedal from wheel pressed down to allow keyboard accelerator to register, lol. At least I got to drive.

Graphically game is very, very good. Cars modelled very nicely. Handling was fine, although only keyboard, but the American Muscle car (RWD) will be a drifters dream.

The game environment seems mostly deformable. Tyre walls obliterate with tyres going evrywhere, trackside fences get demolished, trackside wooden towers collapse as you drive into them, cars crumple from big impacts. Even the letters from the car name on the rear spoiler were falling off, lol. Car had DETROIT letters on rear spiler, but after a few prangs it read D T T

It is obviosuly very early access, but sort some of the controller niggles out and I think this will be fun. Look forward to further builds/updates.

:cool:

New benchmarks in crash physics surely. tech demo run fines for me. I get poor fps but I cranked all to max and just drove with it but with all this physic calculations going on I suppose it must be quite CPU intensive! What a carnage! Can´t wait to get through shopping malls and what not.

I was a bit disappointed that I couldn´t collaps the bridge. I could destroy the pillars going fast enough. As you would expect the car was a sorry sight after the 6th broken pillar. But no collapsed bridge :(

Flat out series has always been good to me. Sure I jumped the port of a port of a port last flatout game but that was not Bugbears fault.

Bugbear goes from strength to strength.

Early Access doubled sales over Christmas week, demo downloaded over 50,000 times!
Only a couple of days before Christmas, Bugbear released the very first Early Access version of our Next Car Game. It was the first time we were going to show the game to everyone, and from what ive read they were a bit anxious to say the least.
the good news is that it worked and they reached and actually topped there original campaign funding goal in just a week! Not only that, but the free demo we released a couple of days later has been downloaded over 50,000 times, and the gameplay video posted on the popular Nerd³ Youtube channel has already over 500,000 views.

Although our game is still at a pretty early stage, and as such, contains many missing features and numerous bugs, the players have loved what we already got and the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Bugbear already received a plenty of smart suggestions for future improvements, and they say some of which will of course find their way into the final game.

During the coming months Bugbear are going to give the game a lot of polish as well as implement new exciting features.

FREE SNEAK PEEK DEMO
Don’t forget that the free demo version of Next Car Game technology sneak peek is still available through our website! With already over 50.000 downloads and counting, countless players around the world are already wreaking havoc in our destructive sandbox! Make sure you’re not left behind! Demo Found HERE

NCG_Screenshot_2014_01_03_06_thumb.jpg
NCG_Screenshot_2014_01_03_05_thumb.jpg
NCG_Screenshot_2014_01_03_04_thumb.jpg
NCG_Screenshot_2014_01_03_03_thumb.jpg
NCG_Screenshot_2014_01_03_02_thumb.jpg
NCG_Screenshot_2014_01_03_01_thumb.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back