1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[News] rFactor Official Update Released! (17/04/2007)

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Mike McMullan, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rFactor's next official (and free!) update is released tomorrow, 17/4/2007.
    The update doesn't appear to add new features to the core game itself but does include 4 new cars.
    The official posting is here: http://www.rfactor.net/

and you can find out more about the cars here:

http://www.race2play.com/front/panoz_addon

...I dunno about you guys but I'm looking forwards to driving these ugly beasts!

2. how big will be the update...? just to plan my downloading activities... :)

3. no idea, but the update only includes 4 new cars and judging by the average size of a car addon, I'd guess it'd be between 300 and 400 megabytes. I may be way off so don't quote me on that. To compare... the DBR9 mod (a single car) on rfactorcentral, with its many skins as I assume the new Panoz's will have, is 99MB.

The Dutchie may have an answer for you - he already has the Panoz update (available early to race2play members, as I assume he is)

4. It's around 150 - 200 mb :)

5. ok, si anyhow min. 1 night with no racing again... well, it is not a prob now, anyhow my arm is broken... :(

6. thanks m8

7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

amazing download speeds now: 8 kb/s :p

but anyway, thanks for posting the update!

8. Bram

Bram

weird.. i downloaded the file mentioned in the link you posted.

when download finished, it seems i cant install it.. it want to extract itselfs but its not a zipfile

9. Its a 7z Self-Extracting zip file or mine was. Let it unpack and copy the two folders (rfm and gamedata) to your Rfactor folder. WIndows will ask permission to overwrite...say YES.

Second option is to point to your Rfactor install directory when it ask where to extract.

Peace,
    Paarma

10. Bram

Bram

I did but it says

Code:
    can not open file: blablabla as archive

11. Corrupted file perhaps..mine will open with winrar as usually or it can self-exract. Download it again and try again..Thats my final so called advise..

12. Bram

Bram

ok ill try other mirror now, thanks paarma

13. I was wrong :-#

14. Bram

Bram

thx paarma, i think the official rfactorcentral mirror has a corrupt file!!

15. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

dont race the GT2s at Canada they all roll into champions wall from riding the kerbs i got screenshots of it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Bram

Bram

lol that is fun :)

17. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

in second shot the GT1 behind was me ;o
    Oh and in the 40 lap race i only had 5 times the safety car has come out but i got other gt1s racing only a second off my rear

18. Do you guys like this addon? I sure do. It offers a nice mix of racing, from the delicate and fun GT2 class to the hideously ugly GT1s with their very difficult handling and awesome power.
    The rearview camera inside the cockpit is a useful and quirky addition. I like it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.