1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Newbie to Racing Sims

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Jeff Mitchell, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Hey, I used to play a lot of racing sims around 10 years ago but never anything online. I used to play a lot of quake back then and wished that other genres would have dedicated servers and support mods as well and it looks like simbin did that a few years ago. Anyways, I just broke out my old wheel and purchased Race 07 and GTRE last week and was wondering if there were any novice/intermediate leagues out there and how I could get signed up with them. I consider myself to be an average racer with knowledge of the basic car adjustments and setups.

Also, I have seen some posts about telemetry mods and was wondering what version is the most popular? (Single monitor setup)

Thx in advance and I am looking forward to some racing :cool:

2. Best way to start is to join the Club.

http://www.racedepartment.com/race-series/

Club races or just daily races. Where winning isnt everything and its all about fun and good clean racing.

In order to join those Club races you must be a Licensed member. You can become that here. And its all free.

The most used Telemetry mod is XD.
    You can get it here
    Just drop it in your default folder and your are done.

Any more questions just ask. :)

3. Thx a bunch :)