Newbie question regarding steering rotation.

When I first started, I thought that more rotation would be better because you'd have more precise control.
Plus they advertise it like it's an amazing feature: "Eleventy billion degrees of rotation!!!"

However, I found myself taking too long to re-center after a sharp turn. I dropped it down to 340 and haven't touched it since!!

But it's all up to personal taste.
Keep in mind that the degrees setting in the Logitech Profiler is from full left stop to full right stop. So setting it at 360 will allow you to turn the wheel 180 degrees in each direction.

Hiroshi, setting the wheel rotation is easy. All you have to do is go into the control panel in windows and choose the DFP and set the rotation value that you want.

If you are looking for the button combination to switch between the smaller default and what you set in windows, you can press the bottom left button on the center spoke, the top right button on the center spoke and the right paddle button behind the wheel at the same time and it will change modes.

As for settings though, others have stated the obvious and it is very true. The amount you want the wheel to turn is personal and you should find the setting that works best for you. If you change the wheel rotation, remember that you will most likely have to change the wheel lock in game as well to allow the steering to feel better and more controllable.

As I understand it, the steering lock changes how far the car's wheels can actually rotate... is this correct? I thought it would be independent of steering wheel rotation.

For instance:
If my wheel lock is set to 16 degrees and my steering wheel rotation is set to 360 degrees, and I turn the steering wheel all the way to the right (180 degrees from center), then the car's front wheels will turn 16 degrees to the right.

If I then go and change the wheel lock to 14 degrees, then that same 180-degree rotation on the steering wheel will turn the car's front wheels less. Is that right?

For me, 340 degrees steering wheel rotation and 16.5 degrees wheel lock feels just about right. If I turn the wheel lock up too high I feel like I break loose a lot easier going through sharp turns. I try to set it so that I'll only barely hit the steering wheel lock during my sharpest turn on the track.

That is usually the best way to set up steering lock Jeremy, and yes, the lower the lock, the smaller the wheels turn per degree of rotation so a 900 degree wheel rotation can still only use 200 degrees if the lock is set to allow the tightest turn you need to make in that rotation amount.

So it is all figured out. I have both my wheels set at 300 degrees and thats pretty much what i will keep it at. Wow it made a huge improvement in the way cars behave as well as by driving behavior. 200 degrees was too sensitive, car would want to flick into turns. it was also difficult to do corrections due to steering being too fast. Now all around everything feels better. Driving The" Ring" feels much better now too. Thanks for advice guys. you guys just helped me make this game even more enjoyable than before Cheers!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%