Newbie - A bit nervous about online play

I read all the rules for club races and I really want to participate, but to be honest I'm a bit afraid of being "that guy" and ruining everyone's day because I'm too noobish. (still waiting for my license too)

I just bought and started playing Race On yesterday after playing the demo for a few days. Prior to that I played a lot of GT5.

I feel like I'm doing pretty good, but need a little advice as to whether or not I'm ready to give it a go online.

So far, the only tracks I've learned are Anderstorp (from the demo) and Road America, so I've got some learning left to do there. And the only car I've driven is the BMW 320.

I'm playing with a DFGT and Track IR. I have most of the settings as difficult/real as possible (no assists, traction control, etc.)

On Road America, my laps are in the 2:29-2:33 range with the stock BMW 320. I do my best to not make contact with other cars and I'm usually really good about it except for the occasional incidental bump, especially because the AI seems to brake too hard and too early.

From the rules, it's hard to gauge just how strict it all is but I get the sense that you have to be at a high skill level to participate. I would never intentionally wreck into someone and I always put every effort forth to not bump, but with my low experience level it's bound to happen occasionally.

Any advice here would be appreciated. I've always loved simming. I started with Flight Simulator (first planes, then helicopters), then I spent a long time on Submarine Simulators. I'm really liking the racing stuff so far and really looking forward to racing with you!

THanks for the tips guys! I really hope I can get into some of these races, just applied for the licence part! I use a 360 controller for now but hopefully get my hands on a g25 at somepoint! I hope there are some more WTCC also as looking just in the race lists there weren't too many!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back