• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

New WRC 7 Trailer - Around the World in 13 Stages..

Discussion in 'WRC 7 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,944
    WRC 7 Trailer.jpg
    Bigben Games have released a new trailer for the upcoming WRC 7... introducing the 13 official FIA World Rally Championship locations with the Ford Fiesta WRC.

World Rally has found itself in something of a state of neglect in recent years, however unlike most FIA run World Championship events, the series has seen something of a revival in recent times with aggressive new cars and a premium placed on the visual and audio impact of this series, the WRC is very quickly pulling itself back up to the level of it's heyday from the mid 1990's.

With such a rapidly improving series, game developers Bigben Games have been forced to raise the bar higher in their digital recreation of this spectacular championship. Now boasting both the new for 2017 cars and their earlier counterparts from the older regulation set, the latest in a long line of officially licenced WRC games is very close to receiving a public release on console and PC.

As the build-up continues ahead of its September launch, Bigben have released another new trailer from this potentially exciting title, showcasing the many wild and varied locations due to appear in WRC 7. Titled 'Ford Fiesta RS Around the World' and coming in at a little over one minute, the new trailer really does a good job of detailing the wide variety of conditions available in the new game. Check it out below:

WRC 7 will release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC September 2017.

WRC 7 Trailer 2.jpg

Check out the WRC Franchise Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for all the news and discussion regarding this upcoming new game. Check it out and get involved with your fellow community members today!

Looking forward to WRC 7? Can it become a series rival to DiRT Rally and DiRT 4? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  2. XPheco

XPheco

Ratings:
    +1
    I realy dont think so ..... DR have no rival in rally simulation racing games, not even the D4 :D For me is the DR still the best rally simulation. Talking abaut simulations not arcades .... i have more than 800 hrs in DR the same in RBR, i try every WRC title but not one of them was close to these two games...... just my opinion, thx for understanding :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
  3. Chobonator

Chobonator

Ratings:
    +112
    Demo, plz.

Yikes.

"As the build-up continues ahead of its September launch"
    "WRC 7 will release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 2017."

• Wow Wow x 2
  4. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,068
    I was going to give this a look, but not after that abhorrent soundtrack.:laugh:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +275
    Stages look awesome, but a bit wide, physics I can't say anything about since I haven't tried, and cool to see some weather and different times of the day. I stay skeptical but open-minded, I have nothing against a good arcade rally game. Hope too see a review here on RD later :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,752
    @Paul Jeffrey nice article as usual Paul, got to ask why it's in the Motorsport Manager section:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +11,944
    Bugger!

Not anymore it 'aint :)

• Haha Haha x 1
  8. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +11,944
    Or maybe not actually. Seems like my work internet will not allow me to move the thread :(

Any staffies around to help, if not I'll do it this evening when I get home.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Matthew Allington

Matthew Allington

Ratings:
    +149
    Looks okay from my first impression. Perhaps it could be more enjoyable than DiRT 4? I'll wait and see...

It's been 12 years since we've had a properly good WRC game :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. mesa

mesa

Ratings:
    +70
    Its Graphics looks way better than Dirt 4 has (Dirt 4 is the Disappointment of the Year Award winner - for Me)

I hope there will release a demo - i dont't wanna pay for another thrash game like D4

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Goozys

Goozys

Ratings:
    +115
    Wphiew! It looks really great!
    It is probably a CGI not a proper gameplay, but it really looks good. Maybe this time...

12. Ville-Samuli Mutanen

Ville-Samuli Mutanen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +166
    I tried it during Rally Finland and was positively surprised. The official WRC 7 booth on the other hand had crappy hardware and tons of noise coming from the seats around you and therefore it was hard to concentrate properly or make some deeper analysis but the game left positive vibes. Braking and cornering felt a little dead but can't say how much of it was because of FFB, physics or the plasticky steering wheel/pedals. At least it was easy to spun the car when coming out of hairpins so there's no another D4 disaster incoming.. :)

If you don't expect hardcore simulation this might be a title that gets you excited. It was good fun to drive and inputs made sense.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Jamie Blewitt

Jamie Blewitt

Ratings:
    +54
    After the total disappointment of Dirt 4 the door is wide open for WRC 7 to be a success. They have the official cars, which are fantastic to watch and listen to in real life, and also the chance to recreate the best of the official stages. Content wise they have it made! Just got to convert it into an experience that will keep both the casual player and the more hardcore gamer happy.

I have not played any of the previous WRC games but have the itch for a good rally game, hoping WRC 7 is the one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. ferrariftw1

ferrariftw1

Ratings:
    +6
    the only rally simulation at the moment is the old tracks of rsrbr in assetto corsa and the rally cars in assetto corsa.dirt rally was just ok to me not a sim especially the tarmac physics but i must say i enjoy gravel a lot.wrc series i havent try not even one title for the simple reason that they dont support multiple devises,so my pedal or my dd wheel does not work.neither my triple screen setup.i would be happy to try wrc 7 but i doubt it ll have support of the above.i feel that is a huge gap in the market of a proper rally sim and i hope g rally will fill that gap.

15. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +275
    Well, RSRBR still lives ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +39
    Im definitely looking forward to this. Especially after seeing a couple of videos from VVV.

This one is especially telling in 1) the lighting, and 2) the track and its variety, obviously because its actually real.

To note, the "AFFONT!" thing that he shouts is apparently a bug and has been rectified :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Matthew Allington

Matthew Allington

Ratings:
    +149
    + Roads aren't as wide as a motorway
    + When the car nudges the barrier, it visually does more than just scratch the paintwork
    Looking allright so far :thumbsup: Can't hear anything as I'm watching at work atm! :confused:

18. 69Harder

69Harder

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm still NOT impressed at all !