• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

New WRC 7 Porsche Gameplay Revealed

Discussion in 'WRC 7 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,996
    WRC 7 Gameplay - Porsche.jpg
    A new WRC 7 gameplay video has been released by Bigben Games, showcasing the slightly unusual Porsche 911 R-GT on stage in the soon to be released rally game.

We all know the WRC series of games represent the officially licenced World Rally Championship on both PC and console, however for the seventh iteration of the series it looks like Kylotonn and Bigben have ramped up the expectation to a level never before seen in a WRC series title.

With the new World Rally Championship regulations making for some of the most spectacular cars in recent years, KT Games and Bigben appear to have pulled out all the stops in a bid to make WRC 7 the biggest and most complete release in the series to date.

Due to feature all the cars and locations of the 2017 WRC season, the game will also have an added bonus of not only the 2016 specification of WRC car but also the Porsche 911 R-GT from the recently created FIA R-GT Cup.

As release day draws ever closer, the developers have released a new gameplay video featuring the 911 roaring round some of the different locations available when WRC hits our shelves this September 15th. The car will be made available as an exclusive pre-order bonus for Xbox One and PS4 players, or for Steam 'Early Adopters' .

Check out the WRC Franchise Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for all the news and discussion regarding this upcoming new game. Check it out and get involved with your fellow community members today!

Interested in the new game? Happy to see the R-GT series get some officially licenced love in WRC7? Like the look of the title based on the gameplay video above? Let us know in the comments section below!

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,369
    I love rallying, I love porsche.

I have owned 3 of the WRC titles (3, 4 and 6) and have not been overly thrilled by the way they drive. The career is fantastic and emmersive, but the physics really let the game down. Im not sure whether I will buy this one or not. I think I will have to flip a coin to let me decide

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RinusDirtRally

RinusDirtRally
    Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    I am a lil bit hyped cause the step up from WRC 5 to WRC 6 was immense, so I expect that the step from WRC 6 to WRC 7 will be even greater ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ilya Malyuev

Ilya Malyuev

Ratings:
    +70
    I'll maybe give it a go as a nice couch rally racer. I thought D4 would take that position, but I just can't enjoy it. The car behaviour seems quite lively here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Troy Barman

Troy Barman

Ratings:
    +431
    Its like its doing a nonstop burnout.

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Goozys

Goozys

Ratings:
    +116
    All CGI trailers were awesome, but this gameplay is simple weak as hell...
    Bzzzzzzzzz... Bzzzzzzzzz... Bzzzzzzzzzzzz... :O_o:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Rhian

Rhian

Ratings:
    +11
    I'm in the same boat - D4 was a real let down and i tried so hard to like it, i've never played a WRC game before but i could be tempted to try this one.

8. RaptorInMotion

RaptorInMotion

Ratings:
    +40
    Never played a WRC game before, 7 will be my first. I only play Dirt 4 for Rallycross online.

Im hyped to use the Yaris :cool:

9. Brownninja97

Brownninja97

Ratings:
    +1,127
    screw it. im buying it

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    • Haha Haha x 2
  10. MikieC

MikieC

Ratings:
    +21
    So, it's 15% off at Green Man Gaming. Expecting goodness!! :)

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. Ilya Malyuev

Ilya Malyuev

Ratings:
    +70
    I hope they improve the look of Finland. In the WRC 6 it was too generic and bland. Out of context it could be any country that has pine trees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cheesenium

Cheesenium

Ratings:
    +26
    The handling looks quite lively in the videos but it is hard to judge without playing it. Hopefully it is good

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Isaac Chavira

Isaac Chavira
    Premium

Ratings:
    +367
    The last WRC I bought was WRC 4. I'm a little leery about getting this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. shimon.ifraimov

shimon.ifraimov

Ratings:
    +78
    i know right, its like his driving with his handbrake on.

15. MoerasGrizzly

MoerasGrizzly
    Premium

Ratings:
    +425
    Isn't that what Finland looks like though? :p

16. DKOliver

DKOliver
    Premium

Ratings:
    +33
    Looking forward to this game. I had much enjoyment out of WRC6 despite it's flaws.

• Wow Wow x 1
  17. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +372
    +1 to both.
    Like I said many times...
    I love official stuff and this is the only real WRC championship I can participate in.
    So...
    I guess I'm in. Not that hyped about Porsche though... it doesn't fit into my WRC world that well. Except they provide SPA Francorchamps with it. :sneaky:

18. VirtuaIceMan

VirtuaIceMan

Ratings:
    +77
    It's £27.95 at coolshop.co.uk, but they list it for November (although the physical release is in late September).

I'm waiting for more detail on physical releases, as they usually save money, even if Porsche needs buying separately.

19. bogani

bogani

Ratings:
    +148
    Am I the only one that thinks this looks like a pre rendered video of some sort?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,213
    It would've been awesome if they were able to license all the GT cars that have been made for rallying, regardless if they have been used in the FIA R-GT Cup or not.

Porsche 996 and 997, Aston Martin Vantage, Fiat 124, Ferrari 360, Lotus Exige, Nissan 370z and I feel I have forgotten a car or two.

That would've been awesome! :)

• Agree Agree x 1