1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

New video card.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Piotrek Blaszczak, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak
    Premium Member

Hi i would like to change my video card.Now i use a Radeon 7870 and Intel 4570.What do you thig because it chose beetween Radeon RX 480 and Gefroce GTX 1060.Yes i watch lot of benchmarks and 1060 is faster but RX have a 8Gb , and I don't like change anything every two or three years.Yes its true.Today we don't have any racing title with DX12 and I play on simulation games.Thank you very much for any tips and help

2. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium Member

If you want to future proof, get a 1070, even if you have to put away a bit more money for it. In case you want something now, get the 1060 (better compatibility with sims).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Although, if you have a Freesync monitor, the RX480 will shine. I was going to purchase 1070 last week, but couldn't spend that much in the end. I opted for the MSI RX480 8gb Twin Frozr (just over half the price of the 1070) so I can use Freesync on my LG34UM68 monitor and I came from a GTX770 and it is real upgrade for me. Freesync really does make a difference too. Raceroom is so smooth and fluid now.

4. Performance is about the same, price is less and the Radeon's performance with Vulkan is better.