New user of Fanatec CSP pedals - Calibration advice?

Warren Dawes

Premium
I have just "upgraded" my G25 wheel by adding a Fanatec CSP Pedal set.
They look very good, nice and solid, and I'm interested to see how the load cell brake pedal compares to my old G25 brake.
My first impressions are mixed. I'm sure the pedals are working correctly, but I'm not sure I have them calibrated correctly. Or maybe I just have to learn to drive differently with them.

The biggest difference seems to be the much longer throw of all of the pedals. I'm sure it is only a matter of getting used to the Gas pedal, but the Brake is the worry. I was under the impression that you calibrate the brake normally using the software, and you adjust the braking limit by how far the pedal is pushed, ie. you can have it stop quickly with lower pressure, or higher pressure. I am finding that I need to stand almost fully pressured on the brake pedal to get cars to stop in the game. Combined with the long travel to get to the heavy pressure point, my braking is much worse and will get quite tiring in a long race.
I have tried adjusting the little potentiometer knob on the pedals, but I seem to have run out of adjustment (fully to the right) just getting it to 100% in the calibration software. If I ease it off, the braking is too weak.

Is this normal? Do I just have to get used to stamping very hard fully on the brake to get full brakes? Is there a simple way to get the brake pedal to stop the cars with less pedal throw and /or lighter pressure?
Do I have to re-set all my in-game settings for the Brake?

The games I have tried them with so far are GTL and Richard Burns Rally.

I'd appreciate any advice from those who have converted from G25 pedals to CSP pedals.

Managed to update the firmware, tried a lot, cant really say what exactly made the difference.

Which level have you guys set the dead zone? Currently on 3 made it worse. Will go to 10 and see. But also read on another forum about a broken load cell, start wondering...

Upvote 0
Managed to update the firmware, tried a lot, cant really say what exactly made the difference.

Which level have you guys set the dead zone? Currently on 3 made it worse. Will go to 10 and see. But also read on another forum about a broken load cell, start wondering...
If you can post a close-up photograph of the load cell, I can probably judge whether it's broken or not.

Upvote 0
If you can post a close-up photograph of the load cell, I can probably judge whether it's broken or not.
Tried it, you could not see much on the snaps, might try it at day light on the week end.

But I also set the dead zone to 10 and that worked for the moment, let's see what happens further!

Upvote 0
yeah i thought that to m8, but it wount let me try different deadzones as the bootloader doesnt see my pedals. mine where brought late nov 09 so dout they`ve got the latest f/w installed.
I think it is not a question of version. You need to load for a certain deadzone level a specific f/w.

I did not manage to load it under Win7/64 but did not try for long either. I did a clean install of WinXP 32, but also had problems with that.

Got a tip on another forum: Try to find the pedals in the device manager and load the driver that inside the f/w package manually.
Problem with that is that you dont see the pedals as device after you installed the regular driver, so you have to try many USB devices.
I did not install the normal Fanatec driver on WinXP to make my live easier.

When you install WinXP and want to dual boot, you might want to search for an application called EasyBCD, google it, with that you can easily configure the Win7 BootMgr.

Upvote 0
Hi can someone help me im new to all this stuff and I have been using my CSP and my brake only brake when fully pressed in, anything other than full compression will not stop the car. So I opened the the Fanatec Software and it shows that all 3 of the pedals are 45-50% Pressed in, and all I have to do is literally flick them and it changes from 50% to 100%. Is this normal ?

Upvote 0
Hi can someone help me im new to all this stuff and I have been using my CSP and my brake only brake when fully pressed in, anything other than full compression will not stop the car. So I opened the the Fanatec Software and it shows that all 3 of the pedals are 45-50% Pressed in, and all I have to do is literally flick them and it changes from 50% to 100%. Is this normal ?

yes thats normal to see them at 50%, this is where you calibrate the travel so make sure you fully depress them.

try turning the brake adjuster, press and hold the brake pedal with one hand and adjust the knob fully anti clockwise (i think) to get max force shown in the porche wheel properties.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 83 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 66 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • < 5 years