New Update for Next Car Game: Wreckfest

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest Update March 2016.jpg

Bugbear Entertainment have released another update to Destruction Derby style game Next Car Game: Wreckfest.

Having spent quite some time without releasing much in the way of updates to the game, Bugbear seem to be on a roll of late. The new patch brings some interesting features and improvements, not least of which is the inclusion on a new car from the far-east in the form of the snappily titled Asian 1.

With a game that features predominantly old school classic racing bangers, H shifter support is essential for players who want to accurately recreate the experience of racing these old vehicles door-to-door with fellow banger car drivers. Wednesday's patch promises to provide just that, with improved shifting for both sequential and H-shifters Gladly, early user testing reports that response time for shifting is greatly improved.

Another interesting feature to note is the ability to repair the most damaged parts of the car in a single click of a button. This will come as a relief to those players who wish to avoid the sometimes awkward repair options and get on with the serious business of crashing into other players...

The new update for Wreckfest is live now and available to download via Steam.

Changelog:
  • Added a new car: Asian 1.
  • Improved shifting with sequential and H-shifter.
  • Added a button to automatically distribute all available repair points to parts that are in worst condition.
  • Reduced part wear rate.
  • Improved foliage.
  • Fixed mud surface, tweaked off-road surfaces.
  • Multiplayer race start should no longer get stuck if someone joins or timeouts during the last seconds.
  • Implemented a probable fix for the 64-bit version sometimes crashing when a large amount of (dynamic) tires activated.
  • Bots that are manually added now remain on the dedicated server after track rotation.
  • Increased server name length limit.
  • Improved HUD.
Have you tried the new update? What do you think of the new car? Any ideas what real world vehicle it represents? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I tried it (many months ago), it lacked good driving dynamics and control using a wheel. The crash physics are fun and that's what this game is designed for - fun. If you want a simulation for driving, I don't see this doing that really well but, it does excel at simulating crash physics quite well IMO.:)

I'll have to give it another go and see what's improved.

I played this game at a friends a few weeks back an I can say this game is truly a laugh a minute, and am gonna grab a copy when I see a sale.
Anybody that remembers the days of destruction derby will have great fun with this.

I have a wheel but preferred this with a pad, due to the wild amount of counter-steering needed :D
If you can get this on-sale its a must-buy imo, great go-to game for some fun. (if turning a car into a banana shape is your thing) :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 197115

It has been in Early Access for over 2 years. Studio just lacks funds and resources to finish it. Afraid final release will never see the light of the day.
It was fun at first, then after a couple of disappointing, performance degrading updates, I just uninstalled it.

The latest update is great...tried it out last night...the H-Pattern Shifter has improved immensely, a lot faster now without lag and makes for a great manual driving experience, but sadly still no clutch support. The new car is right hand drive which suits me as this is the side the steering wheel is in my car in my country....all in all a good update and glad to see they are still chipping away at the big picture

Last edited:
For me the driving aspect is pretty good tbh, yes its not yet got clutch but really that's not a massive deal breaker in a title like this for me....

AI is actually pretty good indeed, but the most fun by far and away is when you take it online.

For those who haven't been in the game for a while, it really is night and day better than earlier builds from some months ago.

Honestly, I really like the game (and I tend to prefer the "hardcore" sim racing games). Its fun, it runs well, it feels believable and its fun. Oh yeah, did I mention... its FUN!!

If you can get it under £25 then its totally worth the money. Without doubt.

One of the funniest racing game I ever played, both solo and multi, and that was a pretty old build. Loved the sim feel mixed with the fun of demolition derby. Now the project is alive again, I'm seriously considering to fund the project if they release the clutch. That's the feature I desired the most.

Last time, I was not able to configure T300, CSPv2 and TH8A shifter. I was only able to configure one of them. So Wheel or pedals or shifter. So I was not able to drive at all. So I think it has something todo with multi controller setup. Does this work now? Anyone else with this problem?

@Paul Jeffrey,

Looking at pic in first post, that look like the Euro 2 from June 2015, Build #7. Here a pic of the new Asian 1 car in Build #11:

df6CJF7.jpg

I saw that number 44, so I had to get me a purple skin to put on. But I left the car out in the rain and the paint started to rust! I guess I should of use some primer before painting car purple.

asian1-purple.jpg

asian1-purple2.jpg

Also while racing online last Sunday, we found a couple of tracks we hope to see in Wreckfest soon:
:%29.gif

My best guess is Wreckfest will go beta by the end of the year 2016 and final version release next year. We been testing the career mode in the last few Builds, but more need to be done. Career mode get done, then it mostly adding cars and tracks, refining the physics some more and add some new game modes, got my fingers cross that Bugbear will add Cops and Robbers mode for online. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years