1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

New update coming soon?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Marco Bijl, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Found this quote from the developers of rFactor2.
    So, it will not be this week, but the way I read it, the update is near again ;) Already curious in what will be addressed.

What are the wishes that should be in this update?

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

ISI needs to work on some kind of public roadmap for the beta. These kinds of quotes look so unprofessional imo. Yes we might have an update, or we don't :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

I agree Bram, its like giving us a show of nipple then covering up straight away! lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Hahahaha Christopher. Nicely said :)

I have to admit that there is a 8 page thread going on before this comment came, so I might have taken it out of proportian with putting it on here.

They have done some clean up actions on the ISI forum. So naturally, people started speculating about the update again (f.i. they un-stickied the thread for update 69). In reaction to those questions, Jeremy made this posting. So it's not just a remark he has put out,

I have to say that it would be nice to see some kind of planning from ISI. Would be nice to know what they are working on, instead of reading it afterwards in the release notes f.i.

5. All i need just now is it to made more playable, until then i am not really involved in the beta experience.

6. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

What are your system specs? Perphaps we can give some tips to get it playable?

7. The problem with publicising a 'road map' is that it builds expectation. Then when something goes a little off-track or isn't done when the plan says it should have been, there's a torrent of complaints from the vocal minority. It's the reason many devs never release exact info on what issues a patch will address, and won't give even a ballpark date on when it should be expected. Of course, the same vocal minority also tend to whine when devs keep quiet too, so it's a case of damned if they do, damned if they don't.

All I need to know is that they're working hard and that the sim is getting ever closer to the final release. As long as the next update takes a few steps forwards as opposed to backwards, I'll be happy.

8. In the rF2 forums they admitted to having unforeseen problems crop up and this has delayed the beta. Plus they didn't expect the outcry against the modid and rfmod system. I haven't heard exactly what the problem that came up that's delayed things is.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next update has no content, I expect it'll fix the existing problems (the GT cars really are not finished at all) and introduce certain missing features. Just a hunch. Although I expect that a Clio Cup mod would be easy to shove out the door and would satisfy some.

9. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Well, I know form some projects they are working on content wise, and I also know that some is not to be released till the end of this year. There is a lot more coming. As I have read they are focussing more on the development at this moment, then on releasing new content. I do hope they finish the current content, and implement more in the game itself. To me, the content is important, but the stability of the game, and the possibiliteis in it are more important. F.i. the dedicated server needs a lot of work till its working properly. Also, there has been a huge amount of bugs found in the packaging proces. I also hope they address that in the coming update.

10. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

i agree marco, get the basics right, THEN work on something new

11. Content isnt the biggest thing imo. I mean we already see mods coming out and tracks and some are pretty good already.
    So that gives room for ISI to work on performance etc without the cry from people for content. :)

One thing they should get rid off is the mod linked to tracks system imo. :)

12. Christopher Vrettos

Christopher Vrettos
    Premium Member

I don't think they should necessarily get rid of it... Just maybe they should make it optional for those who want to use it.

13. I wish the system was more flexible. If they kept the modid system and the rfmod system, OK, but make it so a server can be put up without a rfmod too. Leagues can keep the rfmod system to save the confusion of mod versions and make sure everyone's on the same page, but also I can post a pubby with the Indy RC using 1998 Touring Cars if I want- WITHOUT a rfmod.

I just want some flexibility.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Ok, a quote from myself @ ISI about the mod system. I have already had some heavy discussions on this, and have a decent idea of what imo is needed to perfect the system in a way that all can have what they want.

I do have to say that, if this discussion becomes a discussion about the frmod system, I will break up the topic to 2 seperate threads.

15. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Last update on the next update ;)

So, it's still not sure if it will be in May, and IF it will be in may, there is no new vintage stuff in it... Basicily, I do not expect it before June. Not sure why, just a feeling I get.

I DO like it that there is a new track coming. No info on which one, but it will be coming. ISI even mentioned it on their facebook.

16. This is from Gjon Camaj

• Like Like x 3
  17. Since updates and content are two separate things, then I don't see why they don't just release the update as soon as it's done. Why the discussion over whether to wait for the historic content? It doesn't matter... just let us have the update and we'll be happy to wait for the content.

18. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Thats exactly what they are doing, except for this, the update and the content is ready at about the same time ;)

It's a seperate thing for ISI. Most people work on the update, some on the content. If the update is ready and tested before the content is, it will be released seperatly. If they are done at the same time, it can be released at the same time.

19. in the next update we will have the rain in the front window? any info about that?

20. Doesn't matter since no one ever uses rain. Leagues shun rain, pubbies won't use it because people won't race in the rain. Wussies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.