F1 2011 New tracks in F1 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
A few new tracks on the 2011 F1 calendar that are not yet covered in the 2010 game and will hopefully come to us in 2011

• Nürburgring GP (German GP)
  • New Dehli (Indian GP)
  • Sakhir (Bahrain) the old short layout

It's f1 not Halo. The license won't allow them to do that. The license was the reason there was limited things in F1 2010 such as proper marshalls and the safety car.

But if you have the official F1 licence, why can't you have marshals and the safety car?

Behold the F1 safety car:

Mercedes-Benz-SL_63_AMG_F1_Safety_Car_2008_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

It has the F1 logo - so it's part of the licence. And what's the problem with marshals - would you care if there were marshals with 'Codemasters' written on them instead of F1? Or marshals with nothing written on them?

(Dunno why that thumbnail's there)

Hockenheim used to be great (pre-2002) but has fallen victim to the evil of Hermann Tilke.

Yep - great track in the old days - are you going back to when it had tight chicanes at the end of 200mph + straights?

Attachments

• mercedes_safety_car_11.jpg
    mercedes_safety_car_11.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 247
Hello everybody,
I think codemasters should do a map pack for F1 2011 game like make tracks that are different because it would be something different rather than the same tracks so u have the option to race on the proper tracks aswell or new ones, like add moutains and stuff if they did that the game would be unbeatable thats just my thoughts.

How about the Bernie Ecclestone track pack. You know, the tracks that he decided couldn't hold F1 races anymore like Indy and Magny-Cours.

Awesome, another NASCAR/F1 fan!

I would bet yes to having the Texas USGP track. Korea was not finished when this version of the game came out, and we have it to race on (and there is a difference between what we see on TV and what we have to race on as well). Hopefully it will be accurate.

I purchased F1 2010 and I will purchase F1 2011 because they stick to the true F1 season. If I want to race on different track just for fun, I will load up GTR2 or rFactor. Please stick to tracks that are on the 2011 schedule.

Nordschelife doesn't belong in F1 therefore shouldn't be in the game. Great circuit but its not an F1 venue.

In simulation the real life reasons for it not being a F1 venue are null and void...thats to say if the FIA changed rules to mandate that all races take place on simulators (that would suck, but stay with me) I cannot imagine a sane F1 season that would not include Nordschleife. one thing i don;t really understand is how they can justify saying Nordschleife is to dangerous when theres Monaco/singapore with practically no run off area.

That said I have been trying to find a Quality F1 game with Nordschleife to no avail. I would buy this game simply because I could drive a F1 car on Nordschleife, even if it got horrible reviews (which I wouldn't wait for).

To me Nordschleife is the best track in the world theres something for everyone (slow corners, fast corners, corners you don't think of as corners, straights, elevation changing corners fast and slow...) its arguably the most challenging race track seeing as how it has the most corners and a lot of elevation change, a track that truly challenges a drivers memory and stamina, determination, and balls...this to me sounds like a perfect F1 track.

In simulation the real life reasons for it not being a F1 venue are null and void...thats to say if the FIA changed rules to mandate that all races take place on simulators (that woulds suck, but stay with me) I cannot imagine a sane F1 season that would not include Nordschleife.

That said I have been trying to find a F1 game with that track to no avail. I would buy this game simply because I could drive a F1 car on Nordschleife.

F1 game + Nordschliefe? 1 word: rFactor

reasons for it not being a F1 venue are null and void...thats to say if the FIA changed rules to mandate that all races take place on simulators (that would suck, but stay with me) I cannot imagine a sane F1 season that would not include Nordschleife. one thing i don;t really understand is how they can justify saying Nordschleife is to dangerous when theres Monaco/singapore with practically no run off area.

How long is it?
How many marshalls?
Spectator areas?
Access?
Amenities?
The list is endless really.

It is a great circuit, but not for modern F1. It's just not practical.

How long is it?
How may marshalls?
Spectator areas?
Access?
Amenities?
The list is endless really.

It is a great circuit, but not for modern F1. It's just not practical.

I'm very sure none of these are needed (rl practicality included) in a GAME, also idk what "may marshalls" are. (are they little yellow flowers that sprout in May along F1 tracks the world round?)

All of the reasons you listed are also reasons why it is Perfect for a game.

So the only reason now is lazyness...I mean the season tracks didn't really change for this year and they should have the same tracks from F1 2010 done already, which should give them ample time for other tracks, and hopefully remove the retarded paddock area which is a huge waste of time, and replace it with a real menu, that has things you can actually *click* on.

F1 game + Nordschliefe? 1 word: rFactor

Sorry you must've misread 3 words: "Quality F1 Game"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back