New Top Gear Trailer Revealed!

Hey, come on! Don't compare this to Fifth Gear. They had Tiff! And Jason!
Don't they still have those two?

No. My thoughts exactly. With Schmitz and, to a lesser extent, Harris on the show I had hoped for something a bit more grounded in reality again. The trailer makes a point of going into the opposite direction even further. I don't like that and therefore I gave it a dislike not related to the previous cast in any way.

Regard that as my coming-out as a disliker of that trailer.

I actually did not get that sense from the trailer: A lot of the later top gear was about cars jumping off cliffs, explosions, tanks, Clarkson being an idiot, Hammond trying to be Clarkson, and May being himself. This trailer was more about cars being driven.

(And it's kinda harsh to judge it by a trailer anyhow!)

I want my Captain Slow fix.

Here ya go.

Don't they still have those two?

No, Plato bailed. They still have the wonderful VBR though! :whistling:

Butler.28.620x413.jpg

Tiff is great. I would be a lot more enthusiastic about the new Top Gear if they had just gone with the line-up of Tiff, Chris Harris and Marino Franchitti from the Chris Harris P1/La Ferrari/918 video. Marino seems busy now with the Ford GT3 so maybe his brother could step in.

If they drop all that old scripted nonsense we maybe back on track ;)
Yeah I think Clarkson's has slides into a full comedy show a long time ago. With cars mostly used as a tool not the subject.
I hope this new team can come up with some original materials instead of mimicking the old one. I think Matt, a seemingly true car enthusiast and Eddie who has tastes the pinnacle of motor sports will do ok. Sabine could be awkward, while Chris should refrain from trying too hard to be funny.

I wish they just chose a few boring people that nobody had heard of and then gradually make them crazy by which time you have got to know the people. Instead of starting it off crazy and not funny. Hopefully the trailer is just bad.

Never watched Top Gear Australia nor the Fifth Gear. It's simply not the same as the original. The worst thing the BBC can do is trying to imitate the original. Make the new show different from the old one. Don't try to be funny unless the new format develops into it being funny. otherwise it will just feel forced and artificial

Putting fuel to the fire....not Sorry.... ;)

:whistling::p

Aha! Ultra leet haxor mode activated.
pZjDq6g.gif

Time to zoom and enhance and decipher what anagrams are hidden on those four reliant robin number plates in the beginning... Maybe they will give us a clue to the show name.

sdpSJ8P.jpg

No...
NO... NOOOO!!!!!!!!1
all I get is "GUNK OV MAST UR68R" ... gunk of mastxxxxxxx...

God Damn it. :mad:

I was really looking forward to the "new" Top Gear,I was bored with the same old rubbish week in week out,It got boring,you knew exactly what was going to happen next,I blamed the format on Clarkson,Hammond and May,It appears I was very wrong,very wrong,It was the BBC or the production company,The trailer appears to show it's the same old stuff with new presenters,I'm gutted,I've lost interest now,If they don't change the format and freshen it up I fear The show will Die,Rapidly.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back