New to Win7

They do :)

The biggest problem with Windows 7 or Vista is the UAC or User Account Control, which was supposed to keep your files safe from being modified by malicious software, but causes more problems with legit software than I care to mention. This is the main reason I never install anything to the Program Files folders.

I have everything working fine but can't get TrackIR to work with Game Stock Car, no problem with Race 07.

I'm actually amazed that the install went so well, there was never an aggravating moment. Now I have to check out those virtual programs so I can reload my old AutoCad and such.

If you are referring to the virtual environment for XP, I hope you have Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate as those are the only versions that will let you download the virtual environment for XP and use it.

Um, ah, what about the "other" products that do the "same"?
No problem really as I still have R14 on the old XP HDD and will be "trying" to get used to "Draftsight" as a replacement.

If you already have software that is capable of setting up a virtual machine, then by all means give it a try to see if it works. I was just talking about what MS offers for free on their site.

Dennis. When switching to W7 this summer, i found out that UAC was blocking more than i wanted. For new and big installments i turn it off and reboot my pc.
Many of my old games and or mods came back to live after reinstalling them.
On my C drive i've created extra maps for programs,"Program Files Games", "Program Files Div". If an old exe points out to the "Program Files" dir, i point them to "Program Files Div". This made a difference, they worked!. When manualy installing games (non steam). I never put them in the (x86) dir. They can get corrupted before you use them????? . And when installing any prog "exe'. i Right-click on the exe and choose "run as administator". This also made a difference. Sometimes w7 tells me this program is not installed correctly, i tell w7 back that it is correct. It took me more than 2 months to get a grip on my pc.
Hope you can use this info. R-14, Google says 1997. You can try installing it on the way i described it. IF it completes the installment, you can R-click the shortcut or exe, and choose "Properties" on the properties menu you can choose "Compatibility". Here you can put the 'Compatibility mode" on and choose the functioning Windows version for this.

Pardon my English, Because i'm not.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back