New to wheel and my ankle is killing me.

Hey everyone I just got my wheel on the 31st of July, its a T150. I'm having a lot of ankle pain from picking my foot up from the throttle and I'm not sure what I should do. I play with socks and I've tried different position and just cant get comfortable. Is this something that I just have to get used to and strengthen that part of my ankle or is there a clever way that doesn't cost anything to help with this. Thank you, just trying to get ready for F1 2017

It sounds like the pedal placement isn't suitable for your seating position. Think about solutions that will allow you to raise the pedals or change angle, or combination of both. Something simple would be mounting the pedals on some MDF to give you a solid base from which to work from.

Upvote 0
I'm having a lot of ankle pain from picking my foot up from the throttle
Why would you do that? :roflmao:

On a serious note, it's definitely a seating position issue, had the same happen to me back with my desk+DFGT setup. What you can do is (based on your options):
- lower the seat or...
- ...raise the pedal
- drive with your toes, using almost just your fingers
- sit further from the pedals

The goal is to have a more relaxed position for your legs. Best is to have them lay naturally on the pedals (90° between foot and leg).

Upvote 0
Getting proper placement is important as others mentioned, but i can tell you that i experience muscle fatigue/pain, and cramping in my calves and front of my shins from sim racing, it gets better as i have strengthened.

Upvote 0
Well, it might be a question of seating position and angle, but even with perfect seating, if someone is not used to using pedals, it takes some getting used to. It's the same in real car - If I'm not driving for a while, my leg definitely hurts a bit if I go for a long-ish drive.

Upvote 0
A few days ago I decided to try to remedy the problem and it worked. First I changed the seat I was using to one that made me sit up straight, but let me sink in at the same time. Then I just took the pedals with out the wheel and found out the exact measurements from the base of the seat to the top part of the throttle pedal. Then I grabbed a small tv dinner/easel table thing with two legs so I could bring the wheel as close or as far as I'd like. Its working out for me, I just have to bust out the measuring tape each time I want to sim race. In the end my problem was my determination to hook my wheel to the sliding keyboard tray on my desk.

Upvote 0
I should have posted sooner but I keep losing track of time when I take it out. I'm slowly improving lap times and at some tracks I'm quicker than I've ever been compared to using a controller, especially Monaco. Except maybe turn 12, I have about a 50/50 chance of getting through that corner.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back