1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to V8Factor - Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'Team ORSM' started by S4Sonny, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Hi Guys,

I'm new to V8Factor, just installed all the required files.

The Car Textures, drivers etc are there, but I notice when I start the championship there's no V8 Supercar tracks at all?

Was the mod only meant to give Car Textures & Drivers? Or did I do something wrong and now missing the 2010 V8 Supercar calender?

Really want to have the championship with the 2010 calender, but I notice I do not have any V8 Supercar tracks in my game.

If I missed something out that has led me to have the missing calender, could someone redirect me on how I can get it in game? :redface:

- Cheers, Sonny.

3. Hi Sonny. The V8Factor mod is the cars only. To run the V8 2010 calendar you'll need to download and install all the required tracks separately. All the tracks that the V8's have run over the years are available from here or rFactor Central. There are leagues here and other communities that are running a round for round with the current V8 calendar at the moment.
  4. Ah, thanks for the response Doug.

Could you direct me to the page on rFactor Central or here that have the tracks up for download?

Also, any instructions on installing them, and how to get the championship running on those tracks?

- Cheers, Sonny.
  5. This was the calendar for 2010.

You'll need to look up each track at rf Central to find them. They'll either be in permanent road courses or Temporary circuits. Not all are the correct versions like Abu Dhabi and Bahrain as they use different layouts. Ryan is compiling the correct tracks for the WV8S league, but I'm not sure which will be available to non league runners as they include conversions etc. Also look up FVR's forums as they have some very good tracks done or WIP:good:.
    For a championship you'll need to make a rfm for it, but I'm not on my gaming rig to see how, but you could look at one of your current ones to see what to do.

Round 1 18 – 20 February Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi
    Round 2 25 – 27 February Desert 400, Bahrain International Circuit, Bahrain
    Round 3 11 – 14 March Clipsal 500, Adelaide Parklands, SA#
    N/C Event 26 – 28 March Australian Grand Prix, Albert Park, VIC
    Round 4 16 – 18 April ITM Hamilton 400, Hamilton, NZ
    Round 5 31 April – 2 May Queensland Raceway, QLD#*
    Round 6 14 – 16 May Winton, VIC#
    Round 7 4 – 6 June BigPond 300, Barbagallo, WA*
    Round 8 18 – 20 June SKYCITY Triple Crown, Hidden Valley, NT
    Round 9 9 – 11 July Dunlop Townsville 400, Townsville, QLD#
    Round 10 10 – 12 Sept L&H 500, Phillip Island, VIC
    Round 11 7 – 10 Oct Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, Mt Panorama, NSW#
    Round 12 21- 24 Oct SuperGP, Surfers Paradise, QLD
    Round 13 5 – 7 Nov Falken Tasmania Challenge, Symmons Plains, TAS
    Round 14 19 – 21 Nov Norton 360 Sandown Challenge, Sandown, VIC#
    Round 15 3 – 5 Dec Sydney Telstra 500, Homebush, NSW#
  6. You will find the tracks at RFC here http://www.rfactorcentral.com/list.cfm?cat=tracks

At the top of the page you will need to change the filter to filter by region = Oceania then click go and the Aussie tracks will become visible

Hope that helps
  7. Okay, cheers fellas.

Just downloaded Adelaide Clipsal 500, what are the instructions on installing the track into the game?

8. The track files are located in the rfactor\GameData\Locations directory.

Each track might be different though. You will have to follow the installer.

If it doesn't have an EXE installer, then you will need to unzip it into the rFactor installation. at the correct point. Use the above default path as a guide.
    eg, if the Zip has the first level as GameData, then zip into the rFactor directory. If the first level on the zip is Locations, then zip into the GameData directory. If the First level is the name of the track, then extract it into the Locations directory.