New to the game, couple of questions...

Two questions from a noob...

I've noticed that most of the cars in the ADAC class are also in the GT3 category. If I buy, for example, the Audi R8 LMS - will I be able to use it in both the ADAC and GT3 races? Or are they in fact different cars underneath, and I'm just an idiot?

Also, is there any way to see my ping when I'm in an online race? I'd hate being the 'blinky 200+' guy and not know it. On AC and iRacing I can see it, and would leave if my ping was too high.

Thanks in advance ;)

I'm loving the sim right now, though. Took me a little while to get my G27 to not feel grindy and 'chattery', but I think I've dialled it in (turning the engine vibrations to 0 helped a lot). The wheel definitely feel's miles better than it has in any other sim I've tried it in!

Hi @heyokaymusic

Yes, ADAC and GT3 are different cars. The ADAC GT Masters series runs to slightly different regulations that the GT3 class (although quite similar in pace). If you buy either pack (ADAC or GT3) the content wont be able to be used together (until multiclass is available offline anyway). However it is worth noting that you will be offered a discount on the respective cars of the same type in the other class. For example, say you own ADAC, that will offer a discount on the GT3 class for cars that are already present in ADAC (McLaren, Merc, BMW etc).

It appears that ADAC is the more popular content online at the moment, so if you are looking at racing in our clubs, this would probably be the one to go for (plus ADAC 2014 comes with some tracks too).

Hope this helps, look forward to seeing you on the club races soon!

Some further buying tips and hints can be found here - link
RaceDepartment Racing Club details can be found here - link

Cheers

Paul

Regarding your Ping question... I dont know if you can directly view your own ping, however it does say above your car what ping each player has, so you could always check with someone on the server what it says above your car? Also, its worth being aware that some users are reporting high ping issues across the servers. Sector 3 are aware and looking into resolving this issue.
Cheers,
Paul

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%