1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

New to Sim Racing - Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Phil Gravett, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Phil Gravett

Phil Gravett
    Premium Member

Hi New to the forum and new to sim racing

Been lurking for a while and been a long time watcher of the sim racing scene, only ever played on consoles with console controllers :(

Its taken a while but i have finally taken the plunge and started to buy some kit, i have built my first pc in 10 years (I'm a Mac man really), and just taken delivery of a couple of boxes of fanatic kit, v2 base, 918 wheel and V3 pedals with a Oculas Rift on order.

My Steam Id is: Philgr - feel free to add me :)

Im currently playing Project Cars and Asset Corsa

Also i have a morning booked with a couple of friends at Base Performance Simulators in the UK, if i get chance and they allow i will post up a write up of my day along with some pictures

Phil G

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi, and welcome to Race Department. With that nice collection of kit you have taken the plunge:). You'll find a friendly welcome at the race clubs so don't hesitate to jump in and if you have any questions there are plenty of knowledgeable people around here to help. You can find info on what events are coming up here.
    Enjoy your time here at RD.

3. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Hi phill and welcome to the club buddy :) hope you find some nice racing and have s good time here, we have something for everyone pretty much so I'm sure you will be well catered for :)

Please do post a write up of your visit, it will be interesting to read your thoughts on the little adventure :)

Thanks mate, and welcome again :)