New to rFactor 2

Chris

Premium
Hey guys!

My name's Chris and some of you may know me from the Assetto Corsa section of RD. After much fence sitting, I've finally taken the plunge into ISI territory and am looking to learn the ropes of rF2 (as there's a lot to it!) if some of you would be so gracious as to help me out? :) Yes, I still love Assetto Corsa and will still be organising weekly club races with it, however I thought I'd broaden my horizons and get stuck into some serious endurance racing (something that is not currently possible in AC) in rF2.

I've got the game mostly sorted, however there are a couple of areas that still confuse me...

Firstly, is there a way to increase the strength of the FFB coming through the wheel? Out of the box the FFB feels good, however a tad light. Is there a way to increase the strength of the FFB? I'm using a Thrustmaster T300 btw.

Secondly, what are some of the mods that you would recommend that I get? I see the Enduracers Porsche mod has been released so I've gotten that. I know the modding side of rF2 is vast in size, but if I could have a list of the best cars and tracks to get, that would be great :)

Finally, as the RDLMS will be taking place later on in 2016, I am looking to get an all-Australian team together to hopefully take it to the Northern Hemisphere chaps :p If you're interested (and Australian of course) then drop me a message :)

Looking forward to seeing you on track, and thanks in advance for helping out an ISI newb :)

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Welcome to the Dark Side Chris.

Once you've entered the track go into settings/controls - There is a car specific ffb multiplier, once you set it, it will always be that in that car until you change it. There is a great pedal over lay that tells you if you're clipping. Have fun

Last edited:
Just re-installed rf2 today myself because of the flat6 mod. Took an hour or so of messing around with graphics stuff but ended up getting it to run nice and smooth at almost max graphics. Every time I have installed this game/sim I end up getting rid of it a day or two later because it would never run smooth, so glad that it is nice and smooth now.
I'm using the same wheel as you Chris and I found that setting the FFB multiplier to 1.2 with a min force setting of 3% feels great.
And Steam workshop is great for legit mods.

Hello Chris.

FFB? You have the same wheel as me and if you read my post on the other t300 thread i have an issue with rf2 ffb. Mainly being light in corners. I cant seem to rid it tbh. Very frustrating.

THere is STM you can raise in the controller.ini But then you just get excessive forces when theyre were okay.

Sorry cant help you more.

Thanks guys, the FFB feels okay in the corners (could be a little heavier), but I mostly notice the lack of FFB on the straights, there's almost nothing coming through the wheel.

Hey @Chris Stacey good to see another familiar face from the AC section. Been a while since I raced anything but also getting into RF2 slowly...

As for the FFB it's the same at my end as well and the wheel (t500) is pretty light until some forces are applied (cornering/bumps) then it really feels good. If it's too light, just adjust the car multiplier (can be done in the garage once in P/Q/R session.
Curbs sometimes lead to huge spikes in the FFB so for some cars, I am running 3-4 smoothing else my house will start racing with me the Mrs will become Nico Hulkenberg's engineer (you watch F1 so I am sure you know what I am on about :p) The higher the multiplier, the higher the spikes so you will have to find the balnce

Not sure about mods tbh but the car to try is the skip barber...thank me later :p

Last edited:
Thanks guys, the FFB feels okay in the corners (could be a little heavier), but I mostly notice the lack of FFB on the straights, there's almost nothing coming through the wheel.
Hi Chris, I like AC also (and most of the others) but rF2 keeps taking most of my racing time, I love the way many of the cars feel (try the Eve - Historic Open Wheel Challenge - very under rated). rF2 can take a little while to get dialed in (graphically especially) but it is such a deep simulator - you will uncover things that no other simulator has. It may seem simplistic and dated at first glance but there is a lot there - you need to give it time to appreciate (if you are more than a gamer, my opinion).
Happy motoring...
As far as tracks and mods, there are a ton to enjoy. APEX GT3, URD EGT, Flat6, 2 Megane Trophy mods as good or better than ISI's, Toyota Celica GTO 1987 w/80 skins (must try!), Nascar stock cars (even if not a fan of IRL) - they feel like stock cars, and many more. Too many tracks to list.

EDIT: A cool feature many overlook and I don't think is in any other sim, the ability to open any replay and resume racing at any point! There are a couple times I've wondered what the outcome would have been IF I change a maneuver or change my tires or etc.

EDIT #2: As a side note, the one thing that irritates me with AC, and this isn't a knock on its' quality as a sim, is that mods many times break after Kunos updates. It's not a Kunos problem, they should update as they see fit. Very rarely do mods break after ISI updates, it's an excellent modifiable virtual racing platform.

Last edited:
Hello Chris.

FFB? You have the same wheel as me and if you read my post on the other t300 thread i have an issue with rf2 ffb. Mainly being light in corners. I cant seem to rid it tbh. Very frustrating.

THere is STM you can raise in the controller.ini But then you just get excessive forces when theyre were okay.

Sorry cant help you more.
I got to wonder Dan if something is messed up with your rF2 install. If nothing else, your repeated FFB comments in the various threads provokes me to test more - which is a good thing as I like to compare.
I took the ISI Formula Masters 2012 (new rel. w/CPM tire tech, etc.) and new Flat6 mod out on Sebring for a new laps, both felt great - a blast. Then I took a couple of the Reiza open-wheel cars and the SCE Flat6 mod out on Sebring, both felt great - a blast.
To me, SCE and rF2 FFB is a large step above anything else and very similar in how they communicate driving on the track, I would take either if I had to choose one over any other. The deciding factor to me, if I have a choice of the same car/type on the same/similar track would be rF2 mainly because I can easily tweak the FFB "per car" in game and because rF2 models flat-spotting.
Both SCE and rF2 are my favorites for car/track feedback with a wheel.
I can't understand why your Thrustmaster gives you a very noticeable difference between the two sims, not a trace of "lightness" in the corners, other than tires breaking traction, with rF2 for me.

A differance between AC and rF2.
The degree of rotation of your wheel is different per car in rF2.

It's important to allow the game to controle this setting in the profiler.
With AC you set the same (fixed) rotation ingame as in your profiler.

For logitec it's the last option: allow game to adjust settings: it must be ticked.
On my Fanatec it's SEN: OFF (fixed sensitivity)

0CE116E8D7889EBE010A40305CB9C977DE1BB0A2

Try the go-karts. They have +/- 120 degrees of rotation. They are very twisty and nervous.
If you have set a fixed 900 degrees in your profiler. The karts will have a sloppy feeling with a lot of dead zone on the straights.

Last edited:
Mods in no particular order:
- all the ISI cars
- NGTC BTCC cars (incl bonus Mitsubishi rwd)
- Apex Modding GT3
- Enduracers Flat6
- Crossply's Lola T-70
- PlickBadger's MX-5 Cup
- PixSim's Lola T-280
- all URD's payware
- all Tommy78's mods
- 32_Pixels' Toyota GTO
- klaasvh's EVE Matra F1
- ASR's Formula Open Wheel Classic
- Miniville (just because)

Tracks... well, just install everything you find. Sooner or later you'll need it for online or want it because it's a favorite circuit for yourself, even if it's a less than desireable track. I've got 149 tracks installed and that's after culling the absolute worst crap.

upload_2015-12-24_16-8-38.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back