• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

New to rF2 - Bezel management?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Gareth Hickling, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling

Ratings:
    +2
    After 5 years of iRacing I finally picked up a couple of new sims, namely Assetto Corsa & rFactor 2.

AC works well but has many missing features at the min so onto rF2. I run triple screens and have been wondering how I can set them up correctly with some sort of bezel management. I see rF2 has no built in config in sim like iR or AC so how am I able to do this?

Maybe it's something I need to do in the Catalyst driver? I have been a Nvidia user for many many years so I don't really know my way around it. I know I have bezel management setup right for my desktop via the catalyst driver but that does nothing for in sim situations.

I'm not sure I can play it in the current state as I have large-ish bezels and it really screws with your cornering!

Thanks!

2. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,735
    I use a triple screen setup and ATI video card aswell. You need to setup the bezels in the Catalyst management. You will get a "new" resolution and you need to select that in video resolution within rF2.
    Mine is set to 5040x1050 and works great. :)

There are some great youtube tutorials of how to do it. I am sure you will find one.

Hope this helps.

3. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks that makes sense

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton

Ratings:
    +34
    You can also use SoftTH, but it takes a lot of work to get it working right. I have used it since August with rF2 and it is fine now that I have it set up. http://www.kegetys.fi/SoftTH/

5296x1050

This will work with DX 9 games only.

5. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    I've previously used SoftTH with Race07. but struggling to get it right for rf2. I do not understand where I can adjust the resolution manually. I read that it should be in the config.SoftTHconfig, but I cannot find this file or any other. The suggested resolution that SoftTH made for me is 5760x2104, while i want 5760x1080, or even better, 6000x1080. Do you know where I am going wrong, why I cannot find the config file?

6. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell

Ratings:
    +82
    Just FYI, ISI has said they're working on more robust triple-screen support, similar to what's in iRacing and AC.