New to RBR... wouldn't mind some help

Hi,

I am considering getting RBR. To see how it ran I downloaded the demo. The game ran smoothly, however there are some graphical issues. The wheels are blacked out as are the crew in the car. Also when I do a first run from starting up the game, the trees of the Harwood stage are there and then they randomly disappear and don't reappear until I restart the game. It is the same problem on the Rally School lesson. What I want to know is whether this is down to it being a demo version or is it my computer that is causing it. This is the first racing/sim game I have tried on the computer.

Your help is much appreciated.

I have never tried the Demo, but it certainly doesn't sound normal.
The real game doesn't do that, and I've not heard of anyone having that problem.

What are your PC specs? RBR is a relatively old game now so it isn't overly demanding on systems.

There have been a couple of patches since the original game was released, so maybe the demo doesn't have those.

Wish I could help more.

So finally got RBR up and going, and yet still have this problem of all the objects in the game (trees, houses, some barriers) disappearing after about a minute and half of game time. If I restart the game, they come back and then go away again. I have tried tweaking every single video setting, got it running uber smooth and still they disappear. I also installed the patch 1.02 but that didn't do anything either... Might it be the graphics card just can't do it or what? I'm confused

This was a known bug with the old Radeon 8xxx and 9xxx series cards but as far as I remember was fixed in the official patches. Odd that you've had it pop up again! Definitely post some system specs; maybe that'll give us a clue as to what's going wrong

Its running an Intel GMA 945 card with a Intel Centrino Duo Core 2 1.83 GHz, 1 GB of ram. Let me know if you need anything else.

I have a GMA 950 card on my macbook as well and that won't handle anything, as I tried running RBR through a windows emulator and got nowhere.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Downloaded something called 3D Analyze which is a graphics card emulator, and apparently RBR works with it, which it does but didn't solve the problem, however there are lots of settings to fiddle with so it might work just haven't figured it out yet.

Might it be something to do with pixel shaders?

updated all my graphics drivers as well, issue still occurs. Tried using GMA booster too, Noticed a higher fps but the trees still disappear. Also if i turn car shadow on in video settings it blacks out wheels and tires.

I am well and truly stumped. 'tis rather annoying to have you stage ended by a tree/post/barrier/house you can't actually see.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back