New to Race 07

Scott Tanner

3vil - Steam
Hello racers,

Ive just bought Race 07 after years of using a joypad and denying myself these sim games. Since buying a Logitech Driving force GT i have the desire to play much more realistic games as the ones currently F1 2012 and Shift 2 whilst fun aren't enjoyable for me using a wheel (too twitchy arcadey i guess)

So i took the plunge and bought Race 07 via Steam but am baffled by the expansions. To buy them all is £37.43 and some are updated DLCs of older DLCs like STCC for example. I ask this because i do wish to learn the game and get good at them and hopefully play online with Licensed members via RD as Ive had some fun recently with F12012 but there are some attitudes that winning on the first corner is normal which i wish to stay away from as i don't believe that's the case with racing at all. And on top of that i fond F12012 an odd game to play with a steering wheel because the game doesn't feel right almost synthetic. I wish i could explain myself better but it feels weird. Perhaps its my age lol and my reactions are pants but when i played shift 2 i was doing far better than i ever did via a jpad and thought i would try the Race series as i enjoyed the RaceOn demo.

So if you all play this series still what DLCs/Xpacks shall i bother with? Simbin don't do a great job of explaining how much content is added to the game based on the cost of the DLC

UPDATE: If i chose RaceOn GTR Evo STCC2 and WTCC 2010 only Its £27.96. Is this what you all have or am i missing the extra cool stuff with missing items like STCC 1 and Retro DLC

Heya Scott.

If you're planning on racing here, check the expansions that are used most often in the racing club here. There is usually some sort of a schedule, so if you're only free on certain days, and that expansion is used on those days, get that one :)

Alternatively, and this is what I did, just pick up the ones with the cars that interest you.

You can check what's in every expansion pack here: http://www.simbin.com/games/

EDIT: this Bram's post could be useful: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/recommended-race-series-games-to-buy.44507/

I have one Race On (incl. STCC and Race 07 "base game") I could give you. Ehrm, I would give you the serial code and you'd need to download it then.
And when you're in a mood, you could give a MOD beta version a try!
As my serial is for free (I bought it for 3 Euros or so via ebay) you wouldn't do anything wrong and could acclimate with the game engine and ffb and stuff:)

The mods have been built into expansion packs with different configs. For instance most all of the expansion packs have Race 07 included in them. I would find the one that has the most with it and purchase that as a starter. For instance, Race Injection has almost all of the downloaded content in it already. This way you are only paying once for most of the content.

As for the issues with people thinking that the race can be won on the first lap, well that happens just about everywhere, though some places do more than others when trying to eliminate that mindset. The main thing to think on for the start is how to stay clear of the potential accident waiting to happen in T1 so you are set to run the full race with minimal or no damage.

I have one Race On (incl. STCC and Race 07 "base game") I could give you. Ehrm, I would give you the serial code and you'd need to download it then.
And when you're in a mood, you could give a MOD beta version a try!
As my serial is for free (I bought it for 3 Euros or so via ebay) you wouldn't do anything wrong and could acclimate with the game engine and ffb and stuff:)
That is very kind of you. Are they Steam keys? If so my Steam name is in my avatar

That is very kind of you. Are they Steam keys? If so my Steam name is in my avatar
I don't know how to present it to you via Steam, so I will just type it in an PM this afternoon and you have to add the content in Steam somewhere in properties or settings in the upper left corner of the screen, ok?
You will have Race 07, Race On and STCC in your games folder afterwards. Then you should think about buying GTR Evolution maybe? But stick to what the others said!
Oh, I first need to find the DVD box, but I really think I have one untouched left!

More later;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back