1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

New to PC Sims

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by John Brandow, Jun 28, 2016.

1. John Brandow

John Brandow
    Premium Member

Hi all. I have just purchased and started tweeking my first PC build. Lots of real world racing experience and I ran a bunch of Forza BTCC series but this is my first foray into the real Sims. Pretty much Touring Cars all the time. Looking forward to RRE WTCC and TT stuff as well as PCars Clios.

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

Hi John and welcome to Race Department:)
    You'll find plenty of tintop action here at the various race clubs, you can check out upcoming events here and how to join in the club sign up threads.
    AMS has some great touring cars as well as R3E so looking forward to you bringing your RL experience to the virtual track.
    Any questions just ask in the game threads as there are plenty of knowledgeable members happy to help.

3. John Brandow

John Brandow
    Premium Member

Thank you Kenny. Right now im just hanging in the leaderboards try to get up to pace. I will do my premium membership tonight and wait for touring cars on either a Friday or Sunday

• Like Like x 1
  4. fortyfivekev

fortyfivekev
    Premium Member

5. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

You don't need to up your pace in leaderboards, they won't be of much use when racing in the clubs. You will learn how to actually drive in a good way while doing the clubs.

However slow you think you are, there will always be people as "slow" as you are in the clubs. Trust me, you will have fun and upping your pace won't increase that fun in clubs!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. John Brandow

John Brandow
    Premium Member

Thanks Frank. Any club stuff that is running on Fridays or Sundays right now that you know of?