• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to GSC. Help with creating a room

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Genci Estebanez, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Genci Estebanez

Genci Estebanez

Ratings:
    +87
    Hi all.

I'm new to pc sims, and been testing GSC2013 for a while. Amazing sim!

Well, a friend of mine has got GSC 2013 too, and we wanted to share some laps in multiplayer.

I tried to set up a room using the create menu in multiplayer. Everything was ok and I could see myself inside, but when my friend tried to join, he got the message JOIN TIMED OUT. So, I used the dedicated.exe, but again the same, and I couldnĀ“t get into with the same message.

Coming from consoles, GT5 and Forza 4, where it is quite easy to set up a room, I guess I'm missing something in GSC

So, could anyone be so kind to explain to a GSC noob how to do it?

Best Regards

2. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness

Ratings:
    +663
    HI

You will need to open specific ports in your router, and forward to the IP address of the PC hosting the server, make sure that server PC has a fixed IP as well and not governed by DHCP...

TCP port 34747
    UDP 34597 and 34697

3. Genci Estebanez

Genci Estebanez

Ratings:
    +87
    Thx Robbie. The ports were open. I'll check the rest.

Anyway, I could race against my friend using Hamachi. It worked at the first attempt.