New to game would like some direction on mods

Hey guys already liking this game. I keep seeing all these exciting mods and i have no idea how to install these into the game. Is there some type of manual or direction that someone can give me so i could enjoy the greatness of these mods? Do we just download them and they install to the game?

Thanks

Ok so i downloaded my first mod. It was a track. When it was done downloading it said it couldn't be opened because it didn't know where it came from. Am i supposed to open it? Do i need to extract it? If so how? I ended up copying and pasting to the locations folder but it didn't show up in game. Can you help me get past this step? Thanks.
Sounds like you have a .zip, or .rar (or .7z) file downloaded. You need to open this and extract the files from inside it. You're getting some sort of security warning that is stopping you from opening it, I am not sure exactly what programs etc you are using, but you need to open that download. Maybe download winrar if you haven't already got it, or 7-zip as suggested in the previous post.

Ok so i downloaded 2 tracks unzipped them and put them into the locations folder. In game they are available but when i click it to load the track loading screen comes up and it freezes. Same thing happened with both tracks. Also i downloaded the brittish car mod but am not sure what folder to put it in to see it in game. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Ok so i downloaded 2 tracks unzipped them and put them into the locations folder. In game they are available but when i click it to load the track loading screen comes up and it freezes. Same thing happened with both tracks. Also i downloaded the brittish car mod but am not sure what folder to put it in to see it in game. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Okay, what tracks are you installing?
Are you sure they are for Game Stock Car Extreme?
Are you getting any error messages?

British Car Mod:In the download you have a GameData folder and a "rfm" folder. Extract both of them into your GSC deault directory and let them merge/overwrite. When you are in game, on the main menu, click the arrows on the side until you see a picture of the british sports cars, and away you go.

It might seem overwhelming getting into adding mods, but it really is easy once you've done it a few times. Stick at it.

Yep, I find this the best way - I have 5 installs, one each for Formula cars, Indy, & Touring, one completely default and one for testing mod changes.
You can guarantee if you keep installing into one installation, it will quite soon crash and you won' t know what is conflicting or what to remove to fix it.

Yep, I find this the best way - I have 5 installs, one each for Formula cars, Indy, & Touring, one completely default and one for testing mod changes.
You can guarantee if you keep installing into one installation, it will quite soon crash and you won' t know what is conflicting or what to remove to fix it.
Exactly, plus scrolling through each mod on the main menu while it takes a second to load can get annoying. I'd rather just flip on the right game and be on the track faster! ;)

Hey guys already liking this game. I keep seeing all these exciting mods and i have no idea how to install these into the game. Is there some type of manual or direction that someone can give me so i could enjoy the greatness of these mods? Do we just download them and they install to the game?

Thanks
Best mod and or game is FIA GT3 2010 1.1. I have and deleted just about every driving game. Right now, AC, Rfactor 2, Richard Burns Rally 2014, Dirt 3 and Grid Autosport. Love the FFB on this mod for the weight of the vehicle and feel of the road

Well, there are a couple of ways. The first just takes a bit of learning but not difficult once you get used to it. You need to spend a bit of time looking at the plr , rfm files and you can see various settings that can be changed. So you can put your own custom list of tracks in, you can set your own points, number of opponents, and many other things. For default cars, select championship, car, settings and away you go.

For non default car mods, you must first get the cars installed and make sure they appear in your game.
Then, depending on where they appear in the menu, you must make an rfm file specifically for them.

So for example: if your mod appears in the main menu in place of the F3 cars, you need to look for the rfm file that relates to the F3, which is reiza05.rfm.
Now, backup that file and then replace it with your own reiza05.rfm with whatever settings you want for your championship. Change the FullSeasonName, the SceneOrder, and the SeasonScoringInfo and you're done.

Method two is slightly easier. Search Google for rfactor Champ R-esult by Dinix project. Look for the Christmas version (there are other versions but I find this one runs better for some reason, other versions had bugs for me). With this little prgroam, you can simply run a single race and then add it into this program. As you go along adding each race result it will show season results, driver championship, constructors points, and other info. Once you get used to it, it is an easy way of running your own season & works really well.

There is a lot to take in at first if you are immediately adding mods and running championships, but lots of people are willing to answer your questions here. It's a great game, made even better if you take the time to alter settings to your own tastes.

Hey Keith can you explain a little more about this rfactor Champ R-esult program. I have it downloaded but i have no idea what im supposed to do now. What do i open? Do i need to manually input all the info? Any help would be great..

Thanks

(Long post I'm sorry)

I'm not at my game computer, so this is from memory but will get you started. I can check later for more info if you need it.

Ok, first, I use the Christmas edition as it works best for me. I tried other versions but had various problems, but maybe it was just due to Operating System (I am on Win 7 64bit).

Just extract the contents to its own folder, no need to install anything.

The race results are entered individually (in a single click) and ChampR-esult will build it into a championship table, showing results, lap stats and other info, so there is no need to set up a championship in GSC if you don't want to. You can run single race mode, which is actually better as it means you can tweak the difficulty and any other settings for each individual race.

To start program, double click on 'RESULT' application.

Choose 'New champ' (or 'Open champ' if you are returning to a saved season)

Give your new championship a name, and hit 'Execute'
Now you are presented with your main championship screen (currently empty).

Along the top bar, click on Points Rules, and here you can enter your own custom points, just click on each square to enter the points, then save.

That's all you neeed to do to set it up, so you can now close the program, you won't need it till you have done a race.

After you have completed your first race in GSC:

open Champ R-Esult
open your championship (it's the.dcr file with your chosen name), and execute.
click on 'Add Event'
click on 'Race File'
navigate to your GSC Results log folder (in your Userdata folder), and find the race you just ran (it will have a 'R' at the end of it. Select it.
Now it will appear in the calendar of Champ R-Esult.

Once it is in there, there is an option something like 'save your points to your season', but I need to be in front of the program to remind me where that option is. once that is done, you can select and view race stats, driver and constructor points, and just keep adding each race in the same way.

(Note - I have never been able to get the qualifying info working, so you can skip past that & it doesn't affect the championship table in any way, but if you do have any success let me know, I'd like to record my grid info as well if possible).

Keith thanks so much for your help. Question, when i open it up for the first time, and try to adjust the points. For instance I pick F1 and all the points are empty, so i go to change the points it says access denied, I dont have autority to do that. So all the points are at 0 in the table. Not sure why I cant change it.

Thanks

No need to copy and paste, just do as I said above:

open Champ R-Esult
open your championship (it's the.dcr file with your chosen name), and execute.
click on 'Add Event'
click on 'Race File'
navigate to your GSC Results log folder (in your Userdata folder), and find the race you just ran (it will have a 'R' at the end of it. Select it.
Now it will appear in the calendar of Champ R-Esult.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 104 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 80 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 54 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 110 13.3%