F1 2013 new to F1 2013

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I have some (probably) repetitive or maybe rookie questions. Posting questions in non racing forums for computer gaming advice yields little results.

Firstly I have had F1 2011 since it first came out for PC on DVD, the Fall of 2011
I only started having multiplayer online issues after F1 2012 came out. I thought everyone had migrated to the newer version and I could no longer get online quick races.

So, I waited for the new version ,F1 2013
I just downloaded F1 2013 with the the classic pack this week from Steam for PC.
I have a user account with Steam and Racenet but I still cannot get anyone on the lobby to race with online. I know Iracing is pay as you go online racing but I thought F1 2013 was free the way F1 2011 was? Am I not doing something correct?

Next question
what resolution should I be using for the game for my PC?
I have 3- 23" 1920x1080 monitors with refresh rate of 75 hrz
running in eyefinity mode with AMD graphics card Radeon HD 6800 series
my processor is AMD phenom IIx2 565 processor 3.4ghz
4.0 GB ram
Do I set the resolution in the AMD vision control center and the F1 game or are they set differently and separate?
I didn't have any issue with F1 2011 but F1 2013 is a little jerky. When the game starts the display, when set to maximum is only on the center monitor. To expand it to fill all three in eyefinity I have to drag and fit to the full size of al three monitors. Shouldn't it fill all three monitors when I "expand" the display(upper right corner) What controls the display size? The video card or the game?

lastly
Are the patches codemaster patches or third party cracks?. I can't seem to find the correct patches or install them. Do I have to install all of them? I noticed we are now on patch #7

I used to run Grand Prix 4 with all kinds of updates and patches but they were third party patches. The designers of that game stopped designing and gaming enthusiast who wanted to keep the game up to date were creating new updates which caused smooth running issues.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 397 40.0%