• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

New to AC

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by AndyWUK72, Apr 22, 2017.

1. AndyWUK72

AndyWUK72

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Brand new to this sim. Looking for advice BEFORE I venture online.

Used to race GPL way back, also have RF2 and Project Cars.

Thanks

Andy

2. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +524
    i guess bussines as usual .. respect others, don`t try to win race in first corner/lap.
    Specificaly for AC .. give a look at app Helicorsa .. it will improve your situational awardness on track (something like Corvettes GT2 radar) and if you join minorating servers with ranking you`ll probably have better experience than on public servers.
    Also join RD priemium (cost like something under 3 cents per day) and have fun in organized races with other users every week ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,959
    This is probably the best advice there is for online racing. Respect is always important, and far, far too many races end in a pile up from people making silly, premature dives on the opening lap. Just stay cool, drive within your own ability, and you won't go far wrong. And if we're speaking apps, you might want to check out Crew Chief as it's incredibly handy.

As for further advice, the best place to get that is on TeamSpeak during an event. RD run dedicated rookie races aimed at new people for that exact purpose, so I'd strongly suggest those as a great starting point.

Rookies: Abarth 500 @ Monza - Wednesday 26 April 2017

Rookies: Mazda MX5 Cup (Live Stream) @ Zandvoort - Friday 28 April 2017

Don't feel you have to stick to the rookie events though. All of RD's races are open to people of any skill level. :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Majuh

Majuh

Ratings:
    +106
    Remember that you gotta buy all the DLCs if you want to play online.

5. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Senior HistorX Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,409
    Who would not want to own all the DLC , its now on sale so fill your boots time me thinks ;)
    But the Japanese car pack will get you going for the MighyMazda race on Fridays
    or the Dreampack #3 for the Abarth 500 race on Wednesdays
    As Ross has so kindly pointed out :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +524
    and if you dont push it in first lap you`ll probably gain few positions just by not crashing :) on public race without qualifying it is usually from last to 3th position after first 3 corners :)