New thrustmaster wheel

And it's u.g.l.y. :sick:

Thrustmaster-TS-PC-Racer-Wheel-GTPlanet-2-638x359.jpg

Question for those that dislike it's looks, what's the main factor for it?
The bright colored buttons maybe?

Because racing teams also employ them on their steering wheels(specially the case with Formula cars in which the wheel is inspired)... I guess they help with knowing which button is which while you are mostly looking at the track.

Simracers are sometimes so afraid of looking "gamey" that they forget the obvious.

Question for those that dislike it's looks, what's the main factor for it?
The bright colored buttons maybe?

Because racing teams also employ them on their steering wheels(specially the case with Formula cars in which the wheel is inspired)... I guess they help with knowing which button is which while you are mostly looking at the track.

Simracers are sometimes so afraid of looking "gamey" that they forget the obvious.

Not a fan of the pastel colors. It all just looks kinda cobbled together from different bits too, and the hand grips look rather bulky. Doesn't mean it's not a good wheel, plenty of examples in this world of things being ugly but brilliant.

Not a fan of the pastel colors. It all just looks kinda cobbled together from different bits too, and the hand grips look rather bulky. Doesn't mean it's not a good wheel, plenty of examples in this world of things being ugly but brilliant.

The grey look is common because it's the look they are trying to copy, they are not using the same materials so it does have a fake look to it, but i can see what they were aiming for.

The Fanatec stuff does look nicer, so does the Alcantara Ferrari GTE... it's in the same class as most TM stuff imo, i just looked at your signature and saw that you have one of those BMW rims so i can totally understand, that one is gorgeous.
I actually like the hand grips, they are big and i have rather large hands, i've always been hesitant when thinking of the Ferrari F1 copy and the Formula Rim, because they look tiny in those internet reviews...

But then again some 15 years ago i had a Saitek Formula for playing GP4 and it didn't feel uncomfortable so it might just be an overreaction on my part ;).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%