New Thrustmaster Wheel is Direct Drive

The actual motor itself is not the expensive part. Putting it together and making it a presentable package along with the software is where the costs rise. I remember reading that one of the motors on a basic DD wheel costs them something like 80-100 dollars.

Small 20nm Mige motor is roughly 160$ and up pending brand/model as rocafella has stated, And sure the motor costs that, but pending where you are in the world. shipping a 24lb Brick isn't exactly cheap. I paid 400$ for my Mige all in.

Upvote 0
https://www.gtplanet.net/sony-is-ca...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

On one hand I wonder if this means the wheel will be delayed and on the other the lack of any further info about the DD wheel makes me start to wonder if the entire thing is vapourware and just part of the GT Sport hype.

My thoughts exactly....
Regardless of the GT Sport pushout, Thrustmaster MUST have been close to a finished product because they wouldn't have known for sure that GT Sport would continue to be delayed. On the other hand since Sony have a habit recently of being very pushy with exclusives for the playstation it may not surprise me that TM have been 'hushed' on the wheel as there's likely a PS exclusive on that too, at least in the early part of the game release. It's all tied into getting someone to buy a PS over an Xbox and I believe that SIM racing will continue to grow on consoles especially with Scorpio next year really upping the game. I hope it does come out at some point with an Xbox/PC variant, but if the PS version is also good for PC then I'll likely buy it since I mainly spend my racing time on PC these days anyway.

Upvote 0
did it ever come out?
I believe the reveal is on the 17th of November so 3 days time. I am holdiing back on a wheel/DD purchase as with Logi DD and now Asetek announcing their eco system (the budget one looks pretty damn good albeit over my modest budget sadly) it is definitely nice to have options, was sold on fanatec but lack of stock and better quick releases almost everywhere else lets see what TM bring to the table.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing