new thrustmaster t300 1st problem

this is what i just had it would not calibrate then all of a sudden after 10 mins it worked fine..not sure if this is going to happen again but who knows.

@ Brandon Wright

I just plugged in my brand new T300 servo.

Immediately, I noticed a similar problem as you are describing while turning.

It turned out that my ffb had been reversed in the game.
As I turn into a corner, you expect more ffb, the ffb suddenly disappears and the wheel just flops to the direction I was turning.

Once I changed the "reverse ffb" settings, the ffb started reacting normally.

Upvote 0
@ Brandon Wright

I just plugged in my brand new T300 servo.

Immediately, I noticed a similar problem as you are describing while turning.

It turned out that my ffb had been reversed in the game.
As I turn into a corner, you expect more ffb, the ffb suddenly disappears and the wheel just flops to the direction I was turning.

Once I changed the "reverse ffb" settings, the ffb started reacting normally.

That definitely is not the problem with mine. When the FFB is reversed the wheel constantly pulls away from the center and it's very obvious that something is wrong and it's impossible to drive the car. I've tried both settings and there's no question which one is wrong and which is right.

I got a CSW V2 on the Black Friday sale so I don't have to worry about the T300 anymore. I'm still trying to get them to fix it (before the warranty runs out next month) so I can keep it around as a back-up.

Upvote 0
That definitely is not the problem with mine. When the FFB is reversed the wheel constantly pulls away from the center and it's very obvious that something is wrong and it's impossible to drive the car. I've tried both settings and there's no question which one is wrong and which is right.

I got a CSW V2 on the Black Friday sale so I don't have to worry about the T300 anymore. I'm still trying to get them to fix it (before the warranty runs out next month) so I can keep it around as a back-up.

hahahahahahah that shows how bad a driver I am. I found it odd to drive but for the first 5 or so laps, I did it anyway.

I must be the only idiot to get no discount on Black Friday sales.
Nothing, I wanted, went on sale.

Thrustmaster had no sale. All my equipment has been the same price for the last 6 months.
$149 for pedals
$149 for Ferrari F1 wheel
$249 for T300RS servo

I wish the Ikea in Indy would open up!!!

Upvote 0
hahahahahahah that shows how bad a driver I am. I found it odd to drive but for the first 5 or so laps, I did it anyway.

I must be the only idiot to get no discount on Black Friday sales.
Nothing, I wanted, went on sale.

Thrustmaster had no sale. All my equipment has been the same price for the last 6 months.
$149 for pedals
$149 for Ferrari F1 wheel
$249 for T300RS servo

I wish the Ikea in Indy would open up!!!

Well, if it makes you feel better, even with the discount I still paid out the nose for the CSW V2 and two rims. :sleep::roflmao:

Are you from Indy? I live about 10-15 miles from where that Ikea is going to be opening (I'm in Noblesville).

Upvote 0
Well, if it makes you feel better, even with the discount I still paid out the nose for the CSW V2 and two rims. :sleep::roflmao:

Are you from Indy? I live about 10-15 miles from where that Ikea is going to be opening (I'm in Noblesville).

I could imagine. I was looking at that stuff too. I still need something other than the F1 wheel.
BTW, T3PA Pro pedals finally went on sale. Less than Black Friday prices. bummer
So much for Black Friday having good discounts.

and I like Newegg's pricing now. *sarcasm*

advertise $225 for 27" IPS monitor so you click on it to add to your cart.
But when you got to your cart, the price is now $359.00
Must be "new math" for discounts.

cya on the track

Upvote 0
So, 9 months later and things haven't gotten any better. My wheel started behaving like the video in the OP and I sent it back to Thrustmaster about a month ago for repairs, hoping that would finally solve my problems. They said one of the ffb engines/motors had gone faulty, they replaced it , tested it, and all was good. I got it back last week, first thing I noticed is the screw hole where the desk clamp screws in was crooked and now I could barely open the clamp wide enough to fit on my rig. I managed to get it on there, but it was a lot harder than it had been previously. Also, I noticed that the wheel now wobbled if I pulled on it, like the connector between the rim and base was loose, but it was fully tightened. Not a huge deal, but shoddy for sure.

I get it hooked back up and it feels great! A nice, smooth weight to it, I can feel suspension moving, I can feel tires scrubbing, I can feel it get lighter when understeering but it still has some weight and is telling me what my tires are doing as they lose grip. Then after a couple days I notice that when understeer happens it's going really light again, and a day or two after that it's gotten so bad that at the first sign of understeer the wheel just goes limp and flops over like someone unplugged it from the power source, it's a miserable feeling. Now, any time I move the wheel past the 9:00 or 3:00 position the wheel just loses all of it's force/resistance and feels like crap. It felt great last week and I haven't changed any settings, but now it's rubbish (happens in all of my sims).

You can kind of see it in this video, once the wheel goes past 9:00 or 3:00 the wheel just flops over and loses all weight/force/resistance. I'm back in contact with Thrustmaster, the gave me a couple things to try when I get home this evening, but I've pretty much lost confidence in them and their product. If I can for sure determine that this is a problem with the T300 and not with my PC then I'm probably just going to toss it in the bin and take advantage of the CSWv2 Black Friday Deal next week.
Just curious, what's the latest w/ your wheel? Mine, few days old, seems to be having those abrupt turns too at start up and doesn't end. Then I tried your suggestion of turning it first to the left before starting it to calibrate, and it seems to work fine.

Upvote 0
Just curious, what's the latest w/ your wheel? Mine, few days old, seems to be having those abrupt turns too at start up and doesn't end. Then I tried your suggestion of turning it first to the left before starting it to calibrate, and it seems to work fine.

I gave up on it and bought a CSW v2, only to find out that eventually that wheel started exhibiting the same problems. So, I have no clue what's causing the issue but I guess I can narrow it down to being something weird in my PC since the same thing happened on two different brands of wheels.

Upvote 0
It does turn left and right at start up, that's part of the calibration. I've had my wheel 2 years and it's done it from day 1
Hope it still did, but now it barely moves. Week's use only and I guess it's bonked out. Contacted TM and the reseller already, as the former suggested I ask for a replacement.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back