New Rules Approved for Wet Race Restarts

The wonder world of responsiveness ;)

Sorry I don't understand your answer (literally).

Was just a comment to make you know if it wasn't supposed to be like that, nothing more. Just in case it did sound like something bad it wasn't my intention.

Agreed.
So many people seem to forget that Jules Bianchi was killed less than 3 years ago primarily because of unsafe conditions. Safety is paramount.

I don't think you appreciate just how violent a Grand Prix car is. If you ever have a go in one, I bet you anything you'll change your mind when it comes to the driver's sexual organs and realise that these drivers are essentially fighter pilots on the ground.

But hey, it's so much easier to have balls when you're behind a keyboard.
Ive karted at a resonable level (often on slicks in the wet), with a wooden fence as a run off zone, so please dont preach safety standards. Where is my 150m run off zone for a flat out 60-70mph bend?

Drivers should realise the priviligted position they are in and stop whining when a wet race is on. If they dont have the stomach for it, im sure there are a thousand other good race drivers who would.

Drivers should realise the priviligted position they are in and stop whining when a wet race is on. If they dont have the stomach for it, im sure there are a thousand other good race drivers who would.
Drivers only complain about the conditions when it's not in their best interests. For example, Alonso calling for the race to be red flagged in Brazil in 2012 when Vettel was damaged and coming from behind after his first lap crash.

Then look at Brazil from last year, and pretty much every driver on the grid was saying the conditions were okay to go racing during the safety car period, despite the conditions being far worse than in 2012.

Just because they complain does not mean they're not up to the challenge as in most instances it's because they're trying to gain as much advantage over their rivals as possible.
Ive karted at a resonable level (often on slicks in the wet), with a wooden fence as a run off zone, so please dont preach safety standards. Where is my 150m run off zone for a flat out 60-70mph bend?
Would it be worth requesting greater safety standards at your kart track? Improvements don't come unless people raise the issue. Heck, if it weren't for guys like Jackie Stewart, we may still be seeing F1 tracks being lined with those super protective bales of hay, and seeing drivers killed at every race.

A wooden fence acting as a run off zone sounds like a pretty serious breach in the circuit's duty of care.

Last edited:
I've raced karts for 5 years and we always raced in the wet on slicks. Sounds crazy but when you a two stroke 115cc kart with handfuls of torque it makes for some quite entertaining races.

But nearly all the kart circuits I've raced at have a fence after about a couple of feet of green stuff. But those fences usually had some old tires in front of them to soften the impact a little. Sounds like the kart circuit is not up to current safety standards. But I still agree, going into a corner in the wet on slicks is something special which not everyone can fully commit to and does show skill and lunacy in equal measures.

Honestly, I think that these new wet weather tyres which Pirelli has developed will increase the grip in the wet conditions, so they should be able to go racing sooner.

Also, so does this mean that the race (lap counter) will only start after the proper start now?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%