1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

New rookies for 2012

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Nathan Williams, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Which one of this years rookies are you most looking forward to seeing race this year ? Has to be Grosjean for me :)

2. Grosjean isn't a rookie. (Neither is Ricciardo)

Vergne is the only rookie which shines for me. Pic is terrible and dosen't deserve his place.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Van der Garde, if he manages to take Trulli's place at Caterham

4. jean eric verne - torro rosso, van der garde cant take trulli's place at catherham because trullinhas a contract

5. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Contracts don't mean much in Formula 1. Just ask Nick Heidfeld.

6. So between Vergne and Pic, I'm looking forward to Vernge. Can't believe Pic got the spot instead of Wickens, but Pic will be out after a year, as is Virgin tradition.

7. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I kind of hope that Vergne has a bad year after his cocky comments after the Young Driver Test. He needs knocking down a bit.

8. Money.

He's supported by a wealthy French family in the mineral business.

9. Is there some sort of youtube video where I could watch his comments? Didn't knew about that.

10. I would still class Ricciardo a rookie as i don't consider a HRT to be an F1 car more of a glorified GP2 car.

Either way the Battle between the two STR drivers will be intresting, both have had identical results in lower formula .

11. So, if someone new was driving the Life F1 back in the 90ties, you wouldn't call him a rookie? Oh yeah. Maybe not because Life never made the grid anyway.

12. Yeah. That's why I want him to have a terrible year so Wickens can take the spot.