New rating system in place

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
We have upgraded the "like system" on RD and from now on you'll be able to rate forum posts with a wide range of options.
-2gp.gif

Besides the rating we have included a little bonus for premium members. Hope you'll enjoy this improvement.

I never set you under pressure (aka DO IT NOW) but whatever. It just bugged me that some guys abused the bad ratings (dumb, bad spelling..) to a point which could count as insults. And that your moderator was so defensive about the ratings wasn't helping as well.

Many thanks for listening to the feedback. The remaining negative ratings are okay, I guess.

Last edited:
The thanks have a beer and coffee ratings have been (temporary?) disabled. Both more or less indicate the same as "like". Previous given and received ratings will still be visible.

Still early work in progress are:
  • Ratings on downloads, resources and videos/pictures.
  • Cumulative rating scores should lead to X. X is not defined yet but could be y or z as well :)
Previously the negative ratings have been disabled, but we are considering a neutral/negative rating as there are 0.01% of the people that actually deserve such ratings on some of their public posts. But we need to be sure that it cannot be abused.

No need for any rating icons in my opinion. If someone likes your post, they can do a post of their own and comment. If they dislike it, do the same. Get em typing with a valid reason for doing so or keep quiet. Ratings are fine on certain kids forums/blogs but here they are just not needed.
The thanks have a beer one was quite mature and is useful as it displays some ones gratitude, but the others are just not needed on a mature discussion forum.

The ratings we want: Like, Funny, Winner, Informative, Optimistic, Friendly.
The ratings we get: The stupid Facebook ones.

Come on, RD is awesome because the ratings we can give posts are unique and fantastic. Stop making the site a Facebook clone and go back to the ratings we know and love.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%